An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question about people who claim to have visions

Krush2k2

First of all,  hello Pham.  I first joined this forum wayyyy back in the day and it used to be such a huge resource for me. 

Unfortunately,  my dear mom passed away tragically and unexpectedly this weekend.  She was only 61. (I'm 33)

I've had two people tell me they had a very real vision about my mom on the day she died.  One person is a close friend of mine. She is non catholic,  not very religious,  but a person who is probably the greatest human I know as far as someone who is humble,  kind and completely selfless. She is clairvoyant and also told me she saw the twin towers collapse in a dream before it happened.  She told me nobody knows about her visions except for her boyfriend.  She is my age. 

The second lady is an older lady around my moms age. I think she is non catholic as well. 

Just curious,  what are your thoughts on this,  especially since they are not Catholic?

I will also say that my mom wasn't Catholic either,  although I did have a priest come in and give her last rites and forgive her sins. 

Edited by Krush2k2

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 1:46 AM, Krush2k2 said:

Just curious,  what are your thoughts on this,  especially since they are not Catholic?

Well, first of all, you don't have to be Catholic in order to receive a vision.

As for what to make of these two visions of your mom, I think it depends on the kind of vision you're referring to. Was this an image of your mom that someone received in their mind while they were praying? Was it in a dream? Or was the visionary just doing dishes one day and, boom, there's your mom in their kitchen? I know you said these visions took place on the day she died, but was it before she died that day or after?

I realize I'm answering your question with more questions, but this is the sort of thing you should ask yourself -- and pray about -- as you try to process what happened.

A note of warning too. If this was more akin to an apparition, where the visionary saw your mother and spoke with her, then this could have been the spirit of your mother if it occurred after your mother died. But, if it was before she died, then it could have been a demon.

Did the vision say anything? What did the visionary understand as the purpose of the vision? That will also help you to discern if it was from God.