An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bacon is bad for you

little2add

According to researchers at Johns Hopkins, people who eat meats cured with nitrates are three times more likely to experience a manic episode.

Apparently, added nitrates are associated with hyperactivity and insomnia

dang, I guess I shouldn’t have bacon, no more... (its too expensive anyway)

:cry3:

fides' Jack

If it's related to insomnia, I should be eating more of it.  These days 99 times out of 100 it takes me less than 1 minute to fall asleep, and I sleep hard.

So, good news!

original.jpg

“Power Bacon deodorant is designed specifically for those with active lifestyles –- or people who just sweat like pigs,” reads the product page on J&D Foods’ website. And, lucky you, the stuff is on sale for just $9.99.

:lol2:

By the time these researches get through with everything, all foods will be unhealthy for one reason or another.  I don't take any notice of them.

• 1 month later...
Ash Wednesday

Pigs are actually very intelligent and naturally tidy as animals go. They poop in corners. They have no sweat glands, which is why they roll around in mud. If given the choice between mud and clean water, they would rather cool off in the clean water.

Don't give them cookies, though. They will want more and squeal and whine like babies.

Love, your swine-raising friendly neighborhood 4-H alumni

They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Ash Wednesday

Acts 10 :9-15

9*  On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray.

10* But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance;

11* and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground,

12* and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air.

13* A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!”

14* But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.”

15* Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.”

Me and my pig friends will see our way out :pigsfly: