An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Most Hilarious Jack Chick Comic...ever!

Paladin D

Kilroy the Ninja

Wow, Jack Chick knows Alberto's mother didn't go to heaven! That's amazing!!

I wonder if he could just save the Vatican some time and just let us know precisely who is actually in heaven. That way we can make sure we know who to pray for in purgatory.

I mean, think about it... all this time St. Anthony might not have actually been in heaven...then who was helping us find stuff? :o:o:o

Again, the only acceptable prejudice in America...Catholic Bashing. :angry:

:ph34r:

Well, it's supposely based on a true story...if you scroll down, there is a ID picture of the priest. Something smells fishy...

The sad part is....how many people are taken in by this sort of thing????

Before I had a clear understanding on Catholicism, these just seemed confusing.

I wasn't sure if they were true or not, because of the way they presented it.

I agree, it was very confusing the way they have it set up. If I wasn't Catholic, I don't think this would make me anti-Catholic just cuz it's so confusing. I must confess, I didn't read it all the way through cuz it was giving me a headache.

I actually had a guy tell me and others (two years ago on another board) that he personally sat with this Rivera when he was a Priest in California. He would not tells us where his Parish was for the longest time, once he did another called the Parish and they never heard of him.

Now I know where he got his story from, a Chick comic book!!!! Boy, .. lie to me once about one thing and you'll lie to me about another. People like Chick are a clear and present danger to all they come in contact with.

Peace of Christ, Ken

We feel that if Jack Chick really has a burden for Catholics, he needs to steer clear of fabrications and find a more reliable source of information.

Adolf Hitler was a pawn of the Catholics, while his book Mein Kampf was really written by a Jesuit priest;

What?!

Cornerstone magazine observes:

Rivera's claim to be a former priest, bishop, and intelligence agent for the Roman Catholic hierarchy has been discussed in previous issues . . . we found this claim to be a complete falsehood . . . I am amazed that Jack Chick can have such a paranoiac view of history; the word 'Catholicaphobia' immediately forms itself in my mind. It was because of such propaganda that two previous Chick comic books were banned by the Canadian government last October. They refer to it as being in the category of 'obscene literature.'

Actually, if I did believe there was a secret Jesuit conspiracy, I would say that Alberto Rivera is still a part of it. His ludicrous accusations have damaged the cause of legitimate Protestant/Catholic relations.

Wow, I think I like this magazine.

littleflower+JMJ

last time i read chick's pamplet i was so angry i wanted to go and hit the life out of ....nevermind i better stop while i'm ahead...

but then i take a deep breath....and not wanting to waste anymore energy on something so useless i smile and pray for him

anyways, he did make me mad! nobody talks about my mamma and gets away with it!

Isn't it funny how Chick uses "chick published" sources for his own info. That's good humor.

It's actually quite sad. :(

We must pray for Jack to come to his sences.