An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rcia

Brother Adam

littleflower+JMJ

alright bro. adam! let us know how the program is and i hope everythign goes well and that its a enlightening and a great experience!!

keep us updated!!

;)

littleflower+JMJ

Littleflower+JMJ, I forgot to tell you, I'm glad you went back to this avatar.  I like it so much better!

i know jess! i missed it too! see i sometimes try to change it but i've tried and i can't go very long without this st. therese avatar (props to dUSt for being so cool) so don't worry its here to stay. No One can compete with St. Therese!! lol

i too think it rocks!

B) B) B)

:D :D :D

cmotherofpirl

Brother keep us updated with what they tell you.

You might have to correct them. :D

THe program is only as good as the teacher.

It would be interesting if I have to correct them....the Baptist correcting the Catholic....LoL

The first thing I plan on asking is why a Catholic friend of ours (and member of the church) was allowed to be married to a non-Catholic by their priest, and get divorce, and now get remarried to another non-Catholic (the remarriage is pending).

I also will ask why she wasn't taught that contraception is wrong (she uses the pill) and why adultery is wrong (she committed it).

layperson :)

This could be fun ;) B)

Adam,

Good for you and Teresa!

I will keep both of you in prayer. One of my current roommates is not Catholic and he will be entering the RCIA process when it starts up here in late September, and I will personally serve on the RCIA team for the full school year. He hasn't made the decision to become Catholic yet, but he is a true seeker. Thankfully, living with a former Baptist who owns 60 shelves of books (and who is mentioned in "Crossing the Tiber" on p. 87 as "Rob Corzine" who came into the Church with Stephen Ray of catholic-convert.com) and I will give him abundant resources to turn to in his walk with the Lord.

I am thankful that you have made the decision to start up in RCIA; I hope and pray that it is one of the "better" programs. There are some cooks in the Church, unfortunately, and then, there are those exceptional ones. God bless you!

It would be interesting if I have to correct them....the Baptist correcting the Catholic....LoL

The first thing I plan on asking is why a Catholic friend of ours (and member of the church) was allowed to be married to a non-Catholic by their priest, and get divorce, and now get remarried to another non-Catholic (the remarriage is pending).

I also will ask why she wasn't taught that contraception is wrong (she uses the pill) and why adultery is wrong (she committed it).

Adam, Adam, Adam.

Don't point out the faults or failures of others. Go to learn and be prepared to challenge if they are teaching something that isn't right.

As far as this person.

Catholics can marry non-Catholics in a Catholic Church.

Catholics can get a anullment for a marriage if it wasn't a valid sacramental marriage. They would have to go before a Tribunal board first to get it anulled.

The priest probably does not know the person is on the pill. The person might have been asked if they understood Catholic Teaching as far as contraception and they might have said yes, but not really known or understood.

Be sure to post how things are going and bring any questions that comes up. It can be fun if you are seeking some personal instruction on Catholic Teaching. I hope this person sticks with orthodox teaching. We'd love to help you correct the teacher if she's wrong about stuff, but please remember to be charitable first.

You sound like your judging her by bringing up the adultry thing.

As far as a divorce, to get remarried in the Church, an annullment would have to happen... which is not divorce, a divorce has to happen for the civil side of things. Specifics of her issue is none of your business, it's between her, the Priest, and God.

Ask general questions.... also, focus on listening to what they have to say, don't focus on what you have to say... that is, if you wish to learn something there.

All Catholics are taught that contraception and adultery is wrong, if your friend claims otherwise, she hasn't been listening.

God Bless,

ironmonk

revolutionoflove

Don't point out the faults or failures of others.  Go to learn and be prepared to challenge if they are teaching something that isn't right.... We'd love to help you correct the teacher if she's wrong about stuff, but please remember to be charitable first.

JasJis - You are so wise. I always love reading your posts.

Adam - It warms my heart to see your zeal. :) As they said, do keep us posted and may God be with you!