An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fabulous Vocation Website

NunMother

Wow is right!  This is the most beautiful website I have ever seen, and it seems so complete, which is really unusual.  I just tried finding a few monasteries off the top of my head, some of them well know, others not so much, and they are all there!  Moreover, not only does the website direct  you to particular orders, but types of each order as well (such as OSB, O Cist, OCSO for Benedictines) with short explanations.  Whoever did this website really expended a lot of time and effort in making it top-notch.

Well, it is "complete" only if one is looking for relatively traditional communities. For example, where are the various contemplative congregations and expressions which are not associated with the IRL, and which might be associated, for example, with the Association of Contemplative Sisters? Not criticizing what is here, but it is hardly "complete." And the bibliography is also limited in the same way (with a disproportionate number of sources on women's religious life that are written by men, in my opinion).

What a beautiful and informative website. I wish the internet was around when I was young and interested in becoming a nun. I had expressed my desire to become a Carmelite when I was 13, in a Catholic school no less, and no one encouraged me, not even the sisters who taught me. 

I wonder what my life would have been like had I been given some basic information and encouragement. 

This website, as @Nunsuch states, is run by Institute of Religious Life.  This website has existed for several years, they just made it so much nicer.  The fine print does state that it only features communities associated with IRL.

Yes, they are missing quite a few older and thriving contemplative communities; a few Carmels and at least one Poor Clare monastery.