An Old School Catholic Message Board

In The Face Of Horror The Catholic Church Is Worried About PR

You guys talk about your "shame" and "sorrow" and your feels.

F*** your feelings.  I don't give one s*** about your feelings.  I care about the people you have hurt.  Want to really show you care?  Resign.  F*** your legal standing and your technical innocence.  If you behaved like Cardinal Wuerl, then leave.  If you acted like Abp. Carlson, pretending you were too stupid to know that a priest raping a kid was wrong, then get the f*** out.

Take some f****** responsibility and stop narcissistically talking about how this is all making *you* feel.

Yes.  I know.  Not all bishops.  Not all priests.  And I thank the good ones for their good service.  But the fact is very few of the guilty are facing punishment.  That *has* to change.  They *have* to go.

- Mark Shea

Edited by Guest

Ash Wednesday

Zirwas, Wuerl said of the departed, had responded to God’s call by joining the priesthood.

Not everyone who becomes a priest does it because they are called from God. Not everyone who becomes a priest is fit to be one, and it's also a sad possibility that good men that are called to be priests ignore that call.

These days there is a lot of talk of “mercy” and “accompaniment” in the Roman Church. But these outrages call for a different kind of spirit: the spirit of judgment, the fiery spirit of Saint Paul, who raged against sexual immorality in the early Church in his epistles and consigned those who defiled the people of God to fates worse than excommunication. For mercy without truth and penance is just PR.

This is true. People have had enough of the "Church of Nice" -- and I don't mean the city in France. It's not "disappointing" as Wuerl calls it -- it's straight up diabolical.

dominicansoul

Sohrab Ahmari, the writer, sounds very angry and should be.  He is a recent convert to Catholicism.  I pray he and others like him, don’t  lose their faith...