An Old School Catholic Message Board

News from Benedictines of Mary

Feankie

From their latest newsletter.  

"It is with great joy and thanks to God that we share our news with you ! A distinguished Monsignor from the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei announced last month that we would no longer have a Mother Prioress…"because you will have a Mother Abbess!!!” We are all overjoyed! That means this will be the last time you receive a newsletter from the Priory of Our Lady of Ephesus, because next time you will hear from Mother Abbess Cecilia of the Abbey of Our Lady of Ephesus!Mother’s abbatial blessing will take place the day after the dedication of the monastic church. We ask your prayers in a special way for Mother Cecilia, who spiritually prepares for her ceremony amidst much material preparation. She has courageously seen through the monumental task of construction of our church, made possible thanks to the generosity of all of you, our dear benefactors and friends! Now we hope to prepare also our souls for this tremendous grace awaiting all of us in this double blessing. "

Tank you for sharing this  wonderful news.................I am sure that Mother Abbess Cecilia and the Community are looking forward the dedication  of  the Abbey and  her Abbatial Blessing .

Many prayers.   :nun3:

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Conception Abbey's website (as mentioned in the news letter) to look and see if they have any news or info on"Live" streaming for the 9th...but didn't see any info mentioned!

On 9/6/2018 at 9:43 AM, JHFamily said:

Live Streaming

September 9, 9am CST, Dedication of abbatial church

September 10, 10am CST, Mother's consecration as abbess, First Professions, and Investiture of Postulants

It looks like they also will be recording.  And they have a pdf up now of the dedication of a church.

I have a feeling it's going to be a very long ceremony.  The last traditional church consecration that I can remember happening took five hours. Not sure how much different that is from a abbatial church dedication, but it ain't going to be quick. 

It was wonderful to have been able to witness the Dedication of the Monastic Church yesterday..........such a moving and impressive service.I am looking forward to seeing today's ceremonies.

What a beautiful ceremony again today.  At the end, you could hear so much crying, including from the nuns themselves - I think overwhelmed by the magnificence of it all and happiness.

And, unless I heard Bp. Morlino wrongly during the sermon, the nuns will be establishing a new monastery in the diocese of Madison. 

Totally Franciscan

I agree, Truthfinder.  It was a beautiful and moving ceremony.  Unfortunately, the sound was not very good for the Bishop's comments, but I understand that it will be fixed for the video to come in a few days.  It was wonderful to see these ceremonies of traditional monastic nuns, something most of us do not have the opportunity to experience.  

Does anyone know what the new names of the novices are? 

Also, I thought I understood Morlino to say that it was a different group of nuns who would be establishing a community in Madison from the three nuns who offshot from the Clyde MO monastery?  

The names of the new novices are: Sr Martina, Sr Mary Petra, Sr Veronica, and Sr Mary Stella. And yes, it does seem the Gower community will make a foundation in Madison.