An Old School Catholic Message Board

News from Benedictines of Mary

Feankie

Lovely video..........especially rather enjoyed near the beginning and the postulants in habit and their confusion "Where do I sit this time?" brought back memories.

Really beautiful ceremony and the Latin adds to the experience, while English would have meant I could have understood the prayers.  Looking at it and being used to the OF, it seems as if the people are in the enclosure and the Sisters in the public area of the Church - I could not work out what felt strange at first.  I very much liked the symbolism of Mother Abbess, after being blest, sitting within the sanctuary.

Thank you for posting, Dame Agnes.

PS  One of the postulants (I think she was a postulant) looked quite elderly?

It might have been my eyes.

4 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

PS  One of the postulants (I think she was a postulant) looked quite elderly?

It might have been my eyes.

You were probably noticing Mother Julia,  the foundress of these sisters, who wears a blue habit while the sisters wear a wine colored one: http://www.cjd.cc/index.html  Their habits actually could be mistaken for the postulants uniforms, if not for the color.  Mother Julia and a few of her sisters were sitting amid the choir stalls, along with other Benedictines, some Handmaids and visiting sisters from other orders. The Benedictines of Mary are actually pretty strict with their age limits.