An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Wise in Evil Days - Jimmy Akin

BarbTherese

ephesians-5-15-16.jpg

My comment: This is not about passivity, for in all and any circumstance(s) we/I am called to do what I can, but then to leave the rest to God.  Sometimes out of that, a new opportunity may arise and then again I am called to do what I can leaving the rest to Him.  A very real part of doing what I can might be to discuss, even ask advice - to take some action.

Our Faith, Hope and our Charity are invested in The Lord and His Divine Providence.  To Him and Out of Him arises our praise and thanksgiving, our Peace and our Joy - and our investment in the Doctrine of Divine Providence.

CCC Divine Providence:   http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p4.htm

Scroll down to: "V.  GOD CARRIES OUT HIS PLAN: DIVINE PROVIDENCE"

http://jimmyakin.com/2018/08/being-wise-in-evil-days.html

Excerpt: "............we must be wise: “Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, making the most of the time” that is given to us. Fortunately, God is willing to supply us with the wisdom we need. By listening to God’s word, we heed the call: “You that are simple, turn in here! . . . Lay aside immaturity, and live, and walk in the way of insight.”

Sometimes the insights God gives are surprising from a human perspective. When Jesus declared that he is the bread of life and that he would give his flesh for the life of the world, many in his audience “disputed among themselves, saying, ‘How can this man give us his flesh to eat?’” But Jesus did not back down. He didn’t explain away his words as a symbol or a metaphor. Instead, he forcefully declared: “Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

The message of Christ sometimes contains “hard sayings” like this, but because they come from God himself—the source of all truth—we can rely on them. In contrast to.............."............Read entire text on above link