An Old School Catholic Message Board

Francis Must Resign if The Testimony of +Vigano is true!

KnightofChrist

dominicansoul

to live in an age when a Pope retires and another gets deposed... :|

...stop the world, I want off this ride... :(

Just had a thought after a night's rest, isn't this the same guy who the Holy Father fired after getting him involved in U.S. Culture War Politics by placing Kim Davis in a receiving line?

KnightofChrist
52 minutes ago, BG45 said:

Just had a thought after a night's rest, isn't this the same guy who the Holy Father fired after getting him involved in U.S. Culture War Politics by placing Kim Davis in a receiving line?

1) This guy is an Archbishop 

2) He was fired at lightening speed compared to many accused attackers and enablers. Many of whom were only fired after long public outcry made it to the press. What's up with that?

3) By going public like this he implicates himself for failing to go public at the time he first knew. Why would he do that just to get back for being fired?

20180826_145600.jpg.64798dc012f93af75ee8f167e772577e.jpg

http://m.ncregister.com/daily-news/ex-nuncio-accuses-pope-francis-of-failing-to-act-on-mccarricks-abuse#.W4L4GSUpA0O

Why is JP2 a saint when it is known he covered for sexual abusers and pedophiles? What kind of message does that send to the victims still alive? Seriously having doubts about my Catholic faith right now.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

Taken from Rorate-Caeli

Texas Bishop: "I find the Viganò allegations to be credible."

From the Bishop of Tyler, in Texas, Bp. Joseph Strickland. We publish it here for the record of historic events, considering it was the first of its kind.

Dear Priests, Deacons, Religious and all Holy Faithful of the Diocese of Tyler,

A letter (see below) by Archbishop Vigano, former Nuncio to the United States, raises grave allegations and calls for the resignation of numerous high ranking prelates including Pope Francis.

Let us be clear that they are still allegations but as your shepherd I find them to be credible. Using this standard the response must be a thorough investigation similar to those conducted any time allegations are deemed to be credible. I do not have the authority to launch such an investigation but I will lend my voice in whatever way necessary to call for this investigation and urge that it’s findings demand accountability of all found to be culpable even at the highest levels of the Church.

As this unfolds I urge all in the Diocese of Tyler to pray fervently for Holy Mother Church and beg the Intercession of Our Blessed Mother. We are the flock of Jesus Christ. He is Lord of His Church and His Holy Spirit will guide us through this darkness.

Almighty God Father, Son and Spirit have mercy on your Church and cleanse her in the fires of your Love.

Blessed Virgin Mary, Pray for us

All Sainted Popes & Bishops in Heaven, Pray for us

All Holy Men and Women, Pray for us

I direct all priests to include this notice in the masses on August 26, and post it on their websites and other social media immediately.

Most Reverend Joseph E. Strickland

Bishop of Tyler

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Why is JP2 a saint when it is known he covered for sexual abusers and pedophiles? What kind of message does that send to the victims still alive? Seriously having doubts about my Catholic faith right now.

I was not pushing for his microwave oven timing of sainthood. I thought it would be better to put it off for a number of decades. For this and other reasons. I don't know what I can tell you that will help in this moment of crisis. But I cannot allow Satan to destroy my faith because the sins and crimes of others. Perhaps being a traditionally minded Catholic has made this easier to handle, and it is by no means easy to handle, but the closest words I can come up with is I'm use to things done by those in authority being bad, very bad, even wicked. Pray, pray with me that the Lord grants us priests, that the Lord grants us many holy priests, that Christ saves us, and the Virgin protects us. I think it is both Christ and Mary who have been behind the coming of light these vile and wicked acts.

This song by Johnny Cash is somehow appropriate, imho, for the times we find ourselves in.

This dossier has actually had the exact opposite effect on me that the Grand Jury report has.  If the allegations are true, what Viganò has disclosed is awful beyond words.  That being said, he named so many names including Pope Francis and exposed the infiltration of Christ’s Church by so many evil men.  This is what full transparency looks like and is the first, painful step that is crucial to purging the Church of such grave sinfulness.

I can’t help but think of what Alice von Hildebrand said about the church being infiltrated and how the Blessed Mother in Akita warned that cardinals would oppose cardinals and bishops would oppose bishops and too many Catholics would accept compromises in spiritual matters.  I’m not usually someone who embraces doomsday prophecies or conspiracy theories but the times we are experiencing right now feel so much darker than anything I’ve lived through.  Christ said that the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church and as Fr. Bill Casey says, it’s because He knew the gates of hell would try.

If we truly believe that our Lord is almighty and that the Blessed Mother will crush the head of the serpent, we have no reason to fear.  We need to pray, fast, and make sacrifices.  I’m sure that this is only the beginning of our trials and sufferings but when the dust settles, by the grace of God, we will have the rebirth of Christ’s Church no matter how small, no matter how poor, no matter how persecuted.  It’s almost like purgatory here on Earth.  Like gold tested in fire, let us not lose faith in the midst of these dark and turbulent times.

Ash Wednesday

John Paul II made mistakes in his papacy but he was also a brilliant theologian and inspired millions. Could his sainthood have waited? Sure. But it's far easier to judge people through the lens of hindsight, isn't it?  

He went to confession daily (honestly having to oversee a tent of 1 billion souls, it's small wonder why he did) and he's no longer around to answer for himself.

From what went on in my own diocese, being people that my family and I actually knew, a lot of it I think may have happened because of naiveté and cowardice. I personally don't think my bishop intentionally and deliberately did anything wrong by sending our priest off to "treatment" where he was eventually moved to another diocese. I just think he and others in his position were very naive by thinking that this man's perversions could just be "treated" like alcoholism. I can't speak for now but this was the attitude at the time. I also suspect some of the secrecy is a very old, deep rooted cultural problem, where people, particularly clergy were fearful that revealing a priest's past would be committing a mortal sin of detraction. Obviously the culture and understanding of what the greatest sin in this situation is has to change and the greater sin would be to ignore or downplay it rather than take direct action to put a stop to it. In hindsight it would have been better if our bishop had just moved to defrock our priest sooner rather than just thinking he could be "treated" and moved away. Like the fall in the Garden, evil is very cunning this way into tricking people into thinking that they are doing or believing the right thing, when in fact, they are not.

Sadly, some of the worst sins I have committed in my life where when I wasn't even really aware of the gravity of them until much later. :(

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Archbishop Vigano sheds some light: "It is known that Sodano tried to cover up the Father Maciel scandal to the end. [...] Was McCarrick’s appointment to Washington and as Cardinal the work of Sodano, when John Paul II was already very ill? We are not given to know. However, it is legitimate to think so, but I do not think he was the only one responsible for this."

I have no problem believing people took advantage of the Pope's frail health. 

I really don't want to go to Mass tonight. It's one of the only areas I'm decent at in life though. I go to Mass every week and on days of Obligation. And Confession. I do that a lot. But only becuase I sin a ton. So it's not that noble.

Honestly it's taking everything in me to go to Mass. I would rather stay home or even go to a Non denominational Church instead or something. I'm against the cover ups of pedophiles and child abusers. Really against it. I don't think some people are. Yes Jesus will be at Mass but he will also be where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name as well outside of a Catholic Church.

Off to Mass I go though. Sitting in the back pew. Not going up for Communion becuase I sinned gravely since my Confession Friday. I'm embarrassed to be Catholic or tell anyone that I am. This is out of control. Something has to change.

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

I really don't want to go to Mass tonight. It's one of the only areas I'm decent at in life though. I go to Mass every week and on days of Obligation. And Confession. I do that a lot. But only becuase I sin a ton. So it's not that noble.

Honestly it's taking everything in me to go to Mass. I would rather stay home or even go to a Non denominational Church instead or something. I'm against the cover ups of pedophiles and child abusers. Really against it. I don't think some people are. Yes Jesus will be at Mass but he will also be where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name as well outside of a Catholic Church.

Off to Mass I go though. Sitting in the back pew. Not going up for Communion becuase I sinned gravely since my Confession Friday. I'm embarrassed to be Catholic or tell anyone that I am. This is out of control. Something has to change.

That is exactly how I felt after the release of the Grand Jury report.  I believe it was by the grace of God that the report was released the day before the Assumption because without the holy obligation, I would probably not have gone to Mass that day and who knows what would have happened after that.  I literally was so angry and upset that day that I sat through Mass crying silently and feeling beyond frustrated that we were all sitting in the pews as if nothing had happened.  Fortunately, the priest talked about the report during his homily and this past Friday I went to Lectio Divina where instead of reading any scripture, we all sat with the priest in a big group and aired our frustrations and feelings of hurt/betrayal for an hour.  In the last two weeks, I have struggled with my faith more than I ever had imagined possible because I wondered how much we had been lied to and about which subjects.  For all I knew, everything that we were taught about the faith could've been a huge lie since so many priests were more than willing to lie to us about their indiscretions for so long.

However, I asked for the prayers of everyone here on PM and I pleaded with Jesus during adoration to help me know if He is real or if I've been wasting my time with the Church.  Through the prayers of PMers, the intercession of the saints, and of course by the grace of God, I'm still a practicing Catholic.  The reason I'm not as upset about this dossier is because it wasn't released by a Grand Jury or under duress.  This archbishop has a conscience and wants to do right by Christ and the Church.  This is the exact thing that I had been waiting for, although I didn't realize it until I read it.  What I wanted (and what I'm guessing many Catholics want) was to be able to specifically and directly name the problem in the Church that led to all of these crises.  If the allegations in the dossier are true, we have our answer. The Church isn't the sole domain of the priests or the laity; it belongs to Christ.  That's why I'm staying.

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

I feel you man. Honestly, back in 2002 when all this broke out, the gravity of it didn't really hit me. This time around, like most people, I'm absolutely horrified disgusted and angry at what happened. Especially, after hearing about the former Archbishop of Washington, my home diocese. I saw this man at Mass, I heard his homilies. How dare he not come clean, turn himself in as appropriate and fitting in justice, and apologize and do public penance. He perpetuated sacrilege and deceit by not doing so.

Yes, for a time after the grand jury report which I read to my utter disgust, I felt an embarrassment to be Catholic. How terribly this affects the Church and the mission of evangelization. As others have said before, this is a diabolical masterpiece, orchestrated by none other than satan. There is no other real way of discrediting that Catholic Church than this scandal. For that reason, I think some of these perpetrators were directly or indirectly worshiping the devil or had some kind of malicious grudge against God.

There needs to be real systematic change and we need to fight for it. I mean really fight for it. We have to do something. A friend is encouraging writing to the bishops. I intend on doing so and I encourage you all to do the same. We need to see public acts of penance, we need to see genuine repentance. No more messing around. And we need to live radically holy lives. We need to be great Saints. God is giving us the opportunity, let's not waste it. We are in a critical point in history, more intense than the Reformation and Counterreformation. This is on some apocalyptic level.

Jesus is calling us to help rebuild the Church before he comes again. Let's be radical disciples, fam.  And let's pray for each other so that we can cooperate with the Holy Spirit and avoid the least sin.

On a side note, I was mulling over the fact that Pope Francis chose his papal name after St. Francis of Assisi.  It seems to be a perversion of holiness and also possibly prophetic since St. Francis was called by God to rebuild the Church.  It doesn’t seem as though Pope Francis is rebuilding the Church the way his namesake did, but perhaps the laity and innocent clergy are being called upon to do just that during this pontificate.  St. Francis of Assisi, pray for us!

Edited by Kateri89