An Old School Catholic Message Board

Francis Must Resign if The Testimony of +Vigano is true!

KnightofChrist

Oh Josh, I think a lot of us feel like this, but, I have been encouraged by a wise comment made earlier on Phatmass (can't find it now but it has resonated with me) which was along the lines..

'Why should we walk away from our church.  All of us are the church.'

Let's cling to the Eucharist, Jesus, and prayer during these dreadful times.

God bless us all.

The whole scandalous affair in The Church today totally grieves me, near on breaks the heart.  It is all so confusing unless one chooses to read (and post) only what supports one's own predetermined conclusions.  The Lord is the Captain of This Ship, The Head of The Mystical Body and "the gates of Hell shall not prevail" - in that we trust. It is almost as if Jesus saw what was coming and did:

"But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world forthe causes of sin. These stumbling blocksmust come, but woe to the man throughwhom they come!" (Matthew Ch18)

Lord, please increase our Faith.  As I see it, this is a shocking and terrible time in our history - but we have experienced similar in the past and gone on.  Lord increase our Faith.

As more revelations become public, I do not think we have heard it all yet - and on both sides of any argument or conclusions.

Prayer and penance.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/mark-shea/scandal1 Bottom line: Anything that trips us up in our complete faith in and obedience to Jesus is a scandal. When the scandal is about a sin, the trick is to distinguish between Jesus and the sinner who represents Him. A priestly pervert or bishop-enabler demonstrates not the falsity of the gospel, but the truth that we are sinners in need of Christ’s salvation. When the scandal is about something Jesus demands that is beyond us to deliver, our task is to ask the help of the Holy Spirit to obey. And when the scandal is about some matter of Christian liberty, our task is to discern whether the law of love demands we stand our ground against Pharisaism or surrender our rights for the sake of the conscience of another. The whole thing is summed up in the old saying: “In essential things, unity; in doubtful things, liberty; in all things, charity.”

I’m actually encouraged that a top ranking official is coming clean. This gives me great hope that evil is beginning to be rooted out. It’s a great time in the renewal of our church. A monumental time in history—and we’re living through it. We are the church militant, and our strength is needed now more than ever. Come Holy Spirit! 

Ash Wednesday

I don't recall the priest's name in a TV interview, but I believe it was EWTN, and he more or less said that he would never despair in the face of darkness, because goodness is truly sustainable and life giving, and evil is self-destructive. I have largely felt betrayed by a lot of people in the Church for some time now for various reasons, but it has never changed my faith and I will die a Catholic. 

I've seen people on other forums already attacking the Archbishop for making this statement or accusing him of doing this out of some kind of political grudge match within the Vatican, and people wonder why there is ever secrecy. Like I said before about detraction -- it is a mortal sin to reveal something about someone's past and to damage their reputation without grave reason. It is also a mortal sin to lie about someone's reputation. However, revealing the truth is justified if a person finds in their conscience that there is sufficient grave reason for doing so.

I am in the process of reading Vigano's statement and then I will go on my rosary walk. This is a different fish of corruption than what went on in my own diocese as far as the number of people involved.  But all the same, all rotten fish stink and have to be thrown out!!! 

4 hours ago, dUSt said:

I’m actually encouraged that a top ranking official is coming clean. This gives me great hope that evil is beginning to be rooted out. It’s a great time in the renewal of our church. A monumental time in history—and we’re living through it. We are the church militant, and our strength is needed now more than ever. Come Holy Spirit! 

Amen!

Ash Wednesday

I don't think it's any coincidence that this is all going down during the 54 day rosary novena for our nation. The rosary was Padre Pio's weapon. A 54 day rosary is a spiritual atomic bomb. 

I was thinking on my walk today, thinking of so many of the awful failures that I've seen over the years, growing up as a Catholic, and thinking of so many of my peers and brothers that have fallen away. But some of the greatest saints lived through terrible times in the Church like this one.

Leave, no. I'm angry and I will stay and fight.

prince-tea.gif

I'm brewing my tea. There's a lot of reading to do on Catholic internet tonight.

i'm more scandalized by the death penalty issue per infallibility. the priest abuse situation is just an example of sinners in the church, or like judas in the face of Jesus.

I am horrified by our abuse scandal as with no other issue in The Church.  The "priest abuse situation is just an example of sinners in the church" which struck me as dismissive and my apologies if such was not your intent.  Over and above that, there is no "just an example" in the whole affair anywhere.    it is about children and young people having sexual violence inflicted upon their bodies, temples of The Holy Spirit"destroying through sacrilege their lives in most instances.  For the more 'fortunate' the abuse has destroyed part of their live, but a very  important part nonetheless.  These victims have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.......the whole gamut of abuse.  It is a truly shocking shocking crime! These abuses have been committed by people Graced by God to be leaders in The Church - in positions of power which they have abused and through sacrilege.

If hierarchy truly grasped, understood and internalised, that our bodies are the temples of The Holy Spirit, how on earth could they cover things up adding another sacrilegious act in my book !!!

It is truly a work of Satan and as some of our commentators have stated, a work of satanic genius.  Probably most every Catholic in any vocational call feels abused in some way by it all.  I know that I do.  And every single one of us is a temple of The Holy Spirit.  

1 Corinthians Chapter 6 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God?You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body"

catholicinsd

I fail to see how "Francis Must Resign" benefits anybody or anything; other than of course the Devil, the father of division

My thoughts. We are only as sick as our secrets. It’s good it is coming out. Better late than never. 

These guys are not prepared by their seminary training to confront the complexity of these kinds of employee issues. I’ve sat in classes with seminarians. We learned no psychology or Human Resources or criminal law in dogmatic theology. 

Most of them did the best they could with the state of knowledge they were dealing with from experts 50, 40, 20+ years ago. 

I thank God I’m not routinely held to a present day standard on something I did 30 years ago. 

People who are leaving because of this stuff—your faith isn’t supposed to be with humans, but with Jesus. When Jesus turns to me and asks if I’m leaving too, I’m going to answer, “Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.”

KnightofChrist
On 8/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, catholicinsd said:

I fail to see how "Francis Must Resign" benefits anybody or anything; other than of course the Devil, the father of division

If Pope Francis is guilty of reinstating, promoting, protecting, multiple individuals who raped and/or sexually assaulted boys and young men; how can he continue as Pope? How can he be taken seriously on moral issues? How can he be trusted to protect innocence?

Satan is behind these rapes and sexual assaults by clergy and those that cover it up also do the work of Satan. If Pope Francis is guilty of the charges +Vigano testifies to, Francis must resign because he would be an agent of Satan.

Edited by KnightofChrist