An Old School Catholic Message Board

That Grand Jury Report

chrysostom

I was wondering when we'd hear from Fr. MacRae.  I think he's right (and it's been said by some from the beginning of this) that there will be innocents swept up in this.  To a certain extent, this crisis is more than that now.  Justice must be served to them too.  But it has gone beyond just priests who may or may not be guilty.  It's the fact that the bishops did nothing.  If they'd heard 'x' about a priest it should have been investigated by the proper authorities, and then if found innocent, listed as so in the documents.  

I think the Jury report might have been the battering ram which opened the door to get at the rest of the filth and corruption. Those in charge who covered things up will also, in time, have to answer for their lack of action in helping the innocent priests.

10 hours ago, truthfinder said:

I was wondering when we'd hear from Fr. MacRae.  I think he's right (and it's been said by some from the beginning of this) that there will be innocents swept up in this.  To a certain extent, this crisis is more than that now.  Justice must be served to them too.  But it has gone beyond just priests who may or may not be guilty.  It's the fact that the bishops did nothing.  If they'd heard 'x' about a priest it should have been investigated by the proper authorities, and then if found innocent, listed as so in the documents.  

I think the Jury report might have been the battering ram which opened the door to get at the rest of the filth and corruption. Those in charge who covered things up will also, in time, have to answer for their lack of action in helping the innocent priests.

This is why we have to have a thorough investigation by faithful and competent laypeople, and possibly clergy.