An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena to our lady of perpetual help

Martyneeky

NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP PRAYER
DAY1
ACT OF CONTRITION
My Lord Jesus Christ, true God and true man, my father and redeemer, behold at Thy feet a poor sinner who has so grievously afflicted Thy loving Heart. O lovable Jesus, how could i have offended thee and filled with bitterness that Heart that love me so and that has spared no effort to attain my love? How great has been my in gratitude! But, O my saviour, be consoled, be consoled, I say to thee; now i found myself repentant, such grief i feel for the afflictions i have caused thee, that i would like to die of poor sorrow and contrition. O my Jesus! who could have make me weep for sin as thou has Thou hast wept for them in Thy mortal life! My soul is oppressed for having offended Thee. eternal father, in satisfaction for my offences I offer Thee the affliction and sorrow the Heart of Thy Divine Son has felt for them. And Thou, O Loving Jesus! give me such a horror for sin that from now on it may make me avoid even the most trifling of faults. Depart from my heart, earthly affections; I do not want to love anything now but my most bountiful Redeemer. O my Jesus, help me, strengthen me, and pardon me. Our Lady of perpetual help, intercede for me and
obtain for me the pardon of my sins.

Due to the length of the novena, Continue at www.maryourhelp.org/novena-to-our-lady-of-perpetual-help-day1.html