An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers for LC

dominicansoul

Postponed, I hope, not cancelled!  That would imply that the doctors are pessimistic about the chances of successful surgery, and I hope that’s not the case.

• 1 month later...
dominicansoul

She STILL has not had surgery!  It all has to do with eye pressures and such.  Please continue to pray for her!

dominicansoul

FROM LC:

“Dearest people,

I am overjoyed to report that the eye surgery went very well! My consultant-surgeon (Mr Jacob) was very happy with how it went on Tuesday morning! 

Tuesday evening, however, my pressure went extremely high and I was admitted.  I was quickly treated for the pressure with an IV injection of diamoxx which helped lower the pressure - the pressure has stayed low since that time, thanks be to God!

I've been experiencing floaters, a flickering eye along with nausea and a bit of a headache here and there since coming home from the eye hospital.  So, yesterday I went into eye casualty to get it checked out just in case something weird was happening. 

Anyhoo, to make an already long story a tad shorter, I happened to arrive at eye casualty just as the outpatient clinics were finishing up for the day. My consultant somehow found out that I was in eye casualty and asked that I be seen by him instead of the doctors in casualty. (How amazingly providential was that?!)  To say the least, I was greatly relieved for that Providence!

Mr Jacob checked out the eye and was impressed with how well it was healing up, and though it’s still swollen and a bit cloudy, he’s happy with the outcome.  My vision is apparently better than it was before surgery, and things can only get better from here.  The eye is still adjusting to the new lens, so that’s why there’s so much eye flickering/twitching, and the floaters were there before, but now I can actually see them.  Plus, once the swelling goes down, the vision will clear even more. Already, colours are looking more vibrant!

I cannot even begin to tell you how grateful I am, and truly touched by all the prayers. It’s incredible!!!! Mr Jacob and his team are AMAZING, as is the whole eye unit at Southampton University Hospital - I’m so, so grateful to be one of their patients! 

Thank you again for all the prayers, love and support! I’m going back next Thursday for my first post-op consultation and will report back on the progress.”

Indwelling Trinity

My heartfelt prayers for Sister LC. I am sure her community is giving her good care. 

Given her young age, I cannot help  but think of a an auto immune disorder. Sometimes the initial symptoms start with an initial episode of loss of vision in one or  both eyes only  to return later. 

That was my initial symptom of MS. A few days later with the help of high dose steroid therapy my  visual acuity returned to normal for almost 20 years. The vast majority of patients usually don't remain blind although they may suffer a slight decrease in visual acuity. 

There could be many medical causes but one  thing I do know and that is as terrifying as it may be for our sister, LC. This is very clearly a "Jesus"  moment, calling her to stretch the boundries of her love and abandonment to Him ; and calling her to sharpen her inner vision of defining what is inwardly peculiar to her vocation and life of contemplation with the Holy  Trinity. 

Sometimes it is so Hard  to understand God's ways. But  for a religious, spousal love is crucified love. The only joy I have ever found in crucified love is in knowing that my chosen spouse who died out of love for me  knows my is wish to cover his wounds with my love even when at times I am a cause for those wounds. I am so poor that I know that Jesus accepts even my desire to desire all he wants from me. But there are some days the pain is so much that I can't even look at the cross for fear I will shatter into a million pieces. On  those days I hide with my mama and Saint Michael. 

At times like this it is so important to have a  loving supportive community. 

I will do my best to stand watch with you LC  so you may rest just a bit my sister. 

Tenderly, 

indwelling Trinity 

Sister Emmanuel, if I remember right Sister Mary Catherine has always had a visual impairment, so hopefully it's more to do with that.

I'm so happy to read her surgery has improved her vision to the point where it's better than it used to be before these latest problems. Prayers for her.

Indwelling Trinity

Oh I am sorry, I never remember LC mentioning it when she was in chat. Thank you for do gently correcting Me. :P

Sister  Catherine I am sorry i got it wrong, my mind is slowly turning to mush! rotfl, but I will continue to keep you in my prayer. You are such a wonderful  gift of Good to others, your joy even in times of great trial is a testament to others of the first you have given to Good. 

Thank you.! Please remember me in yours. My love to you and  all your sisters. 

Tenderly

(It) Sr. EMMANUEL