An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hurricane Florence - A Monster Storm Mass Evacuations

BarbTherese

Hurricane Florence: 'Monster' storm triggers mass US evacuation

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/09/11/14/49/hurricane-florence-southern-us-1-million-evacuate?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--180912&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

"US motorists streamed inland on highways converted to one-way evacuation routes as about 1.7 million people in three states were warned to get out of the way of Hurricane Florence, a "monster" storm taking dead aim at the Carolinas with 209km/hwinds and potentially ruinous rains.

Florence was expected to blow ashore late Thursday or early Friday, then slow down and wring itself out for days, unloading one metre of rain that could cause flooding well inland and wreak environmental havoc by washing over industrial waste sites and pig farms.

Forecasters and politicians pleaded with the public to take the warnings seriously and minced no words in describing the threat.       ...........read MORE on above link

Praying safety. I live now on a tiny exposed, isolated offshore island off the West Coast of Ireland and we always get a backlash from these weather events.  We are watching events closely. With you in heart and soul

I am in South Australia and rare are extreme weather events and totally mild when weighed in the scales. I feel very much for those who experience mother nature's extremes.

:amen:

KnightofChrist

By 2 pm we, my city, should be getting a lot of rain and close to 100% chance of winds greater than 40 mph. Got my water, non perishables, candles, etc etc ready.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/14/hurricane-florence-batters-us-east-coast-whole-communities-could/

Nick Allen, wilmington

14 SEPTEMBER 2018 • 11:17PM

At least four people, including a mother and her baby, were confirmed dead on Friday night as Hurricane Florence brought a “biblical” deluge to the US east coast.

On Friday night, the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said Florence has weakened to a tropical storm, adding that still life-threatening storm surges and catastrophic freshwater flooding are expected over portions of North and South Carolina.

Roy Cooper, North Carolina’s governor, said it was a “thousand year rain event” that would “continue its violent grind for days."

He added: “We're deeply concerned for whole communities which could be wiped away.” Ralph Evangelous, the Wilmington police chief, added: “I see a biblical proportion flood event, pretty epic in nature.”

Read WHOLE REPORT on above link