An Old School Catholic Message Board

What I learned today...

Ash Wednesday

On 9/26/2018 at 4:26 PM, BarbaraTherese said:

Where will your tattoo of your friend be, Ash? :rolleyes:

There seems to be confusion about my above post.  I will try to explain my meaning.  Since Ash has discovered that a lot of people have Padre Pio tattoos, I was -  with tongue in cheek - wondering if Ash was going to get one too since Padre Pio is a friend of hers, and where that tattoo would be (I can see now how that could be misunderstood, although I didn't at the time of writing).  My whole post was badly worded and the attempt at humour fell flat on its face. 

I really don't think that Ash would be getting a tattoo, nor that anyone would think that she would.

Sorry for the confusion and attempt at humour. :blush:

Selah was the one that said that St. Pio was her friend. :hehe2:

That said, I would like Padre Pio to be my friend as well. I'd say he's a good friend for anyone to have. I wouldn't need a tattoo of him, but I still found the large volume of image results on google to be pretty amusing.

50 minutes ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Selah was the one that said that St. Pio was her friend. :hehe2:

That said, I would like Padre Pio to be my friend as well. I'd say he's a good friend for anyone to have. I wouldn't need a tattoo of him, but I still found the large volume of image results on google to be pretty amusing.

Oh dear, I really have confused things including myself - probably other members too besides Ash and Selah.  Thank you for setting me straight.  My apologies - I am suitably and justly embarrassed.  My apologies to Selah as well.   I am so sorry, Selah, I confused things.  Your close relationship with Padre Pio so as to call him your friend  strikes me as a great blessing.

I have great admiration for Padre Pio and all he had to go through in his life, admiration too for the great gifts with which God endowed him.....he is probably one of the most loved saints in Catholicism and even in the world as the lots of tattoos generally can attest.  Another thing I admire about him is that he was a man and priest, a saint, who did not mince his words. He called a spade a spade.  Yet there was great compassion and understanding in him along with Joy and a great sense of humour and when he smiled, his whole face lit up.

Please do forgive me my errors. :blush:

I so tentatively am posting this after reading it more than once. :blush:    I have learnt a lesson today and I hope I will remember it.  

Laughing-Padre-Pio.jpg

@BarbaraTherese you have nothing to apologize for. There was only confusion but nothing to worry about.

Now I'm googling to see which saints have a lot of tattoos. Particularly popular are St. Michael the Archangel, Saint Christopher, and Saint Jude. Though likely the most popular saint tattoo is the most powerful saint, the Blessed Mother. Though, of course I'm just talking about saints, it's a given that Christian/Catholic tattoos of Jesus or the cross would probably be the most likely.

tenor.gif?itemid=5444908