An Old School Catholic Message Board

WATCH: Pope Francis Gets Caught in Gigantic Lie Regarding a Sexual Abuse Case in Argentina

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's not a rumor clown. Actually watch the video or don't ******* comment.

Romans 1:29,30,32 - Those who consent with (take pleasure in) people who backbite and whisper, are themselves guilty of sin. Talebearers must have someone to tell their slander to. By giving them a listening ear, we encourage their evil.

Instead of listening, we should challenge their evidence and their motives for their accusations. Ask them, "How do you know this is true? And why are you telling me this?" What proof do they have, and what good are they doing by spreading such information to you? If they cannot properly defend their speech, we should rebuke them (Ephesians 5:11).

Why are you such an idiot? Watch the ******* video. It lays out all the evidence very clearly in 12 minutes so even someone as stupid as you could comprehend it. 

You sound like a pedophile enabler which I wouldn't be suprised if you are. You're weird as hell. 

WATCH: Pope Francis Gets Caught in Gigantic Lie Regarding a Sexual Abuse Case in Argentina

BY DEBRA HEINE SEPTEMBER 11, 2018

Pope Francis faced accusations of covering up priestly abuse while he was the archbishop and cardinal in Buenos Aires, a 2017 French documentary reveals. A segment of the documentary, “Sex Abuse in the Church: The Code of Silence,”investigates the pope's assertion that sexual abuse never happened in his diocese.

Investigative journalist Martin Boudot traveled to Buenos Aires to find out if the pope was telling the truth. Contradicting the pope's assertion, a group of victims claimed they were sexually abused while Bergoglio [now Pope Francis] was archbishop and told Boudot their cries for justice were ignored.

"Regarding pedophile priests, in his book Pope Francis says there were no cases in his diocese," said Boudot, prompting derisive laughter from the group.

"He wants people to believe that, but it's a lie," said one of the victims. They said they all tried to contact the archbishop after they were abused, but their cries fell on deaf ears.

"He received all the celebrities, like Leonardo DiCaprio," said one of the women. "And for us, not even a quick letter to say he was sorry."

Even worse, in one case, Bergoglio tried to influence the Argentinean justice system in an effort to protect Father Julio Grassi, who is serving the remainder of a 15-year jail sentence after being convicted of sexually abusing teenage boys.

The Argentinian church did everything it could to get Grassi acquitted and the trial was spread over 15 years, according to Boudot. In 2010, in fact, the Argentine Episcopal Conference led by Cardinal Bergoglio ordered a counter-inquiry called "Studies on the Grassi Case."

Boudot said the 2,800-page counter inquiry was actually "a confidential, internal Argentinian Church legal text" that accused the children of "falsification, lies, deceit and invention." The purpose of the study was to overturn the court's decision and get Fr. Grassi acquitted on appeal.

"So the pope did commission a counter-inquiry to try to have a priest who had been sentenced for pedophilia acquitted," Boudot reported. What's more, Bergoglio is said to have repeatedly sent the "study" to various judges right before Fr. Grassi's various appeal hearings.

At the center of the counter-inquiry commissioned by Bergoglio was an orphan boy who was allegedly Grassi's main victim. Now an adult, the man spoke about the case for the first time to Boudot anonymously because he's still afraid of reprisals. He explained to Boudot that he received threats and people broke into his home and stole evidence he could have used in the trial. "In the end, the courts took action for my safety and placed me in the witness protection program," he said.

"I'll never forget what Father Grassi kept repeating at his trial: 'Bergoglio never let go of my hand.' Now Bergoglio is Pope Francis, but he has never gone against Grassi's words. So I'm certain he never let go of Grassi's hand!" he added.

The priest at mass this past Sunday said something interesting in his homily. He was actually a priest in Philadelphia in the 80's that expose another priest of molestation. At the time, he was told by his superiors that he should not say anything. He also said that at the time, the American Physcological Association (APA) recommended that the treatment for such behavior was 6-8 weeks of rehab in a treatment facility. While admitting that was all wrong, he made a point that at the time the Church was largely following the recommendations of medical professionals. He wondered when there would be a big mainstream news story about the APA's recommendations in the 80's.

Addendum: To clarify, this priest is solid. He just took over this particular parish and the first thing he's doing is starting perpetual adoration. He also speaks about sin and the need for confession--and then stays after mass to hear anyone's confession that needs it. I'm going to begin to put his homily's on the phatmass homepage every week. I have 134 archived already. Just missing a few Sunday's in Ordinary Time.

19 hours ago, dUSt said:

The priest at mass this past Sunday said something interesting in his homily. He was actually a priest in Philadelphia in the 80's that expose another priest of molestation. At the time, he was told by his superiors that he should not say anything. He also said that at the time, the American Psychological Association (APA) recommended that the treatment for such behavior was 6-8 weeks of rehab in a treatment facility. While admitting that was all wrong, he made a point that at the time the Church was largely following the recommendations of medical professionals. He wondered when there would be a big mainstream news story about the APA's recommendations in the 80's.

That explains a lot because that happened at my own parish in the 80s, our priest was sent away for treatment and moved to another diocese. If anything our bishop was probably being as proactive as he knew at the time, because he didn't ignore the complaints, he took them seriously and was pretty quick to remove the priest at the time. It's just unfortunate that all that was known at the time was "treatment" like it was something a person could be cured from with a temporary remedy.

12 hours ago, Josh said:

even someone as stupid as you could comprehend it. 

how insightful and informitive , your gossip is.  

:lol2:

5 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

. It's just unfortunate that all that was known at the time was "treatment" like it was something a person could be cured from with a temporary remedy.

:like2:

From the Psalms at Lauds this morning:

http://universalis.com/lauds.htm

.........Give us help in our troubles,

for vain is the help of man.

With God we shall triumph –

he will trample our enemies.

.............Do not trust in princes to save you,

they are only sons of men.

One day their breath will leave them, they will return to the ground;

on that day perish all their plans.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, dUSt said:

While admitting that was all wrong, he made a point that at the time the Church was largely following the recommendations of medical professionals.

This is a very interesting point, and one that kinda makes me angry.  Why the Church ever thought that it's a good idea to accept modern psychology as valid science is beyond me...  IMO this is one of the biggest reasons, or maybe avenues, of the smoke of satan entering the Church.

Certainly valid as a quite personal opinion.  Certainly, Pope Pius XII in the 1950's accepted psychology as a valid science while he did strive to point out its limitations and errors. 

Psychology is a baby science as science goes.  As time progresses and understanding develops, there potentially will be even more limitations and errors to be recognized.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

On 9/19/2018 at 12:40 PM, fides' Jack said:

This is a very interesting point, and one that kinda makes me angry.  Why the Church ever thought that it's a good idea to accept modern psychology as valid science is beyond me...  IMO this is one of the biggest reasons, or maybe avenues, of the smoke of satan entering the Church.

as a perhaps future psychologist, I take a wee bit offense to this. It's important to understand though that it is a soft science (as all social sciences are) because your frame of reference is pretty dependent on social norms, values, etc at the time whereas the hard sciences are based much more on physical and chemical laws which are less prone to cultural bias.

But hey I'm not that offended so it's your right to have that opinion.

1 hour ago, Ice_nine said:

as a perhaps future psychologist

God's blessings on your journey, Ice.

1 hour ago, Ice_nine said:

But hey I'm not that offended so it's your right to have that opinion.

:like2: