An Old School Catholic Message Board

Angelic Warfare Confraternity

KyleDeWolf1985

KyleDeWolf1985

I decided to apply for the Angelic Warfare Confraternity [http://www.angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/], which is an apostolate of the Dominican Friars. I received a medal and a cord to wear, but now I have to find a Dominican priest or a priest authorized by the Dominican Order to receive me into the confraternity in order to be blessed. It doesn't look like there are any Dominicans in my region. I called a local priest, who advised me to contact the diocese. Then I left a message with the diocesan office and sent them an email. I'm not sure what else to do. I started praying 15 Hail Mary's for purity every day. St. Thomas Aquinas is the patron saint of the confraternity, and I happen to like his philosophy in many ways (I feel that it can be updated to accommodate modern science without sacrificing its core principles). I want to focus especially on purity of heart and intercession for others facing temptation, so that God will reward me with the gift of chastity.

Edited by KyleDeWolf1985

I would do a Google search for Dominican convents, monasteries or organizations in your area. Or the Dominican House of Studies at Catholic University of America, who should be able to help you.

Have you filled out the contact form on the AWC website? I'm sure that you get a quick response if you do.

I'm a member of the Confraternity and have the blessing of living close to the Dominican House of Studies. I was enrolled about three or four years ago now.

If you can't find an Dominican priest nearby to enroll you, you can always get any priest that you know to enroll you after contacting the director, Father Brent.

By the way, there is a novena coming up to the Holy Spirit for these times that will be prayed by members of the Confraternity and is open to all...