An Old School Catholic Message Board

St Michael The Archangel Novena

Beautiful Mary

Beautiful Mary

NOVENA IN HONOUR OF ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL AND IN HONOUR OF THE NINE ANGELIC CHOIRS
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, Amen. Come Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of the faithful, and in kindle in them the fire of thy love.
V. Send forth thy spirit, and they shall be created.
R. And thou shall renew the face of the earth.

LET US PRAY
Oh God, who by the light of the Holy Ghost, didst instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that in the same spirit we may be truly wise, and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our lord. Amen. 
V. Thou, o lord will open our lips.
R. And my tongue shall announce Thy praise.
V. Incline unto my aid, o God.
R. Oh lord, make haste to help me.
V. Glory be to the father, etc.
R. As it was in the beginning, etc.

EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE 
PSALM 51
Have mercy on us, oh lord for we have sinned. In your compassion blot out my offence. O wash me more and more from my guilt and cleanse me from my sins, my offences truly I know them, my sin is always before me, against you, you alone, have I sinned, what is evil in your sight I have done; that you may be justified when you give sentence and be without reproach when you judge, oh see, in guilt I was born, a sinner was I conceived indeed you love truth in the heart, then in the secret of my heart teach me wisdom, oh purify me, then I shall be clean, wash me, i shall be whiter than snow, make me hear rejoicing and gladness, that the bones you have crush my trill. From my sins turn away your face, and bloth out all my guilt. A pure heart create for me, oh God, put a steadfast spirit within me, do not cast me away from your presence, nor deprive me of your holy spirit, give me again the joy of your help, with a spirit of favour sustain me, that I may teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Oh rescue me, God, my helper, and my tongue ring out your goodness. O lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise. For a sacrifice to take no delight, burnt offering from me you would refuse, my sacrifice, a contrite spirit. A humbled, contrite heart you will not spurn. In your goodness, show favour to zion, Rebuild the wall of jerusalem, then you will be pleased with lawful sacrifice (burnt offering wholly consumed) then you will be offered young bull on your altar. Glory to the father, to the son, and to the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

CHAPLET OF ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL (OFFICE OF THE NINE ANGELIC CHOIRS)

THE FIRST SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE SERAPHIM
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute you St. Michael, glorious Prince of the choir of Seraphim, and all the angels of this burning choir of love. I thank you, Oh holy angels, for your most ardent love of God and Mary, the queen of this choir.
Inflame me and all men with your purest Angelic love, that with you we may love God here on earth and one day for all eternity in heaven.
One Our Father, Three Hail Marys, One Glory be, etc.

THE SECOND SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE CHERUBIM
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute u St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of the cherubim and all the angels of this choir. I thank you for your great zeal for the glory of God. As one day, you fought against lucifer and his host to defend the honour of the incarnate word and His blessed mother, so now defend us, your little helpless brethren, against the same powerful enemy that our hearts will always be pure and undefiled, real tabernacle of Christ, santuary of the Holy Ghost, temple of the most adorable Trinity.

THE THIRD SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE THRONES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. michael, glorious prince of the choir of the thrones and all the angels of this choir. O heavenly spirits whom God has appointed to preside over nations, kingdoms, dioceses and religious communities, guide and rule over us inspire and  direct the heart of men so that many saints may arise in every nation and ever religious community.
In particular, i greet and salute the angel who, by the will of God, preside over our community. Pray, bless and intercede for us. We promise the obedience and reverence.

THE FOURTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE DOMINATIONS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of dominations, and all the angels of this choir. By the will of the most high, you assist confessors, preachers, superior of religious institutions, teachers, and all who spread the kingdom of God. We humbly pray and beseech you, convert the heretics and infidels, bring back to the faith the fallen away catholics, illuminate the mind of men and inflamed their hearts that soon maybe but on fold and one shepherd.

THE FIFTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE PRINCIPALITIES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of this most exalted choir of the principalities, and all the angels of this choir. To your loving care God has committed each parish. You watch over every tabernacle and offer your sanctus in reparation for the scandals, the coldness and indifference of the hearts of men. You pray for the dying and that the little ones may receive the sacrament of baptism. I unite my prayers to yours, especially with the angels of this parish.

THE SIXTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE POWERS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the power of powers, and all the angels of this most exalted choir. Protect us against the powers of darkness, especially against temptations of pride, anger, and impatience, that with your assistance we may constantly advance on the road of perfection.

THE SEVENTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE VIRTUES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of virtues, and all the angels of this heavenly choir. You assist pious souls in the most important task of their purification. Assist us, o holy angels, assist us oh holy angels, that we will not only have the will, but adopt the means, that we may never dread the sacrifice but with your help and assistance we acquire one virtue after another so that the splendour of God's own sanctity may be reflected in us.

THE EIGHTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE ARCHANGELS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the most exalted choir of the Archangels, and all the angels of this Choir. Glory and thanksgiving be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost for creating you and for assuming from your midst the seven Archangels who stand before the throne of God. we most humbly pray and beseech the Holy Archangels to teach us and those dear to us the science and wisdom of saints.

THE NINETH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE ANGELS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael glorious prince of the most exalted choir of the Angels and all the Angels of this choir. Paused in awe and astonishment, God has appointed one of the princes of this heavenly host to be the custodian of every man one of them is appointed to watch over me, to guide, to even served me. My faithful friend, my deares brother in the Holy Angel. I greet you a thousand times in the name of Jesus and Mary, i thank God that He made thee so beautiful and so powerful.
Then say the Our Father, four times, in conclusion: the first to St. Michael, the second to St Gabriel, the third to St. Raphael, the fourth to our guardian angel

St Michael The Archangel Novena

Edited by Beautiful Mary