An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Adventure Catholic Bible - A must!

BarbTherese

This Bible is a must in my book for every Catholic (and all others!) and at $59.95 as books go, it is a reasonable price I thought.  It is not available on Amazon Australia as yet (I hope it will be in the future).  I will be contacting Ascension Press to find out more details re shipping and will post reply details into this thread.

If the actual matches the advertising spiel, I am excited about this Bible.

Read all about "The Great Adventure The Catholic Bible":..........

.............. https://shop.ascensionpress.com/products/the-great-adventure-catholic-bible

Excerpt only: "The Great Adventure Catholic Bible $ 59.95

NOW AVAILABLE AGAIN FOR PRE-ORDER! Ships on or before November 30th ... reserve your copy now to make sure you get it in time for Christmas. 1 out of 3 Bibles already reserved! 

A Catholic Bible That Also Teaches You How to Read it.

From Jeff Cavins, author of the massively popular Great Adventure Bible series.

Don’t just read the words of the Bible ... understand them.

The Great Adventure Bible makes the complexity of reading the Bible simple.

The narrative approach gives the big picture of salvation history and shows how everything ties together. This is the only Bible that incorporates The Great Adventure’s color-coded Bible Timeline learning system, a system that has made The Great Adventure Bible study resources the most popular and influential in the English speaking world. The color-coded tools make it easy to read and easy to remember.

This is a game changer. There has never been another Bible like it. "

Review:

http://catholicmom.com/2018/10/19/the-great-adventure-catholic-bible/

I got a surprise to see that the review was posted on October 19th this year.  Boy, am I behind the times on something as important as a Catholic Bible that is advertised as facilitating a reader to make sense of The Bible, if I can put it that way.   For years, I have been reading from different outlets whatever I could find on the background of Scripture, even geography.............and now thankfully it all seems to be compiled in the one book.

The Great Adventure Catholic Bible is available through Pauline Media in Australia - but, oh dear, costs $129 and that puts it out of my pocket for a very long time, although it is going to the top of my To Get Books list.

Well, you don't need their Bible.  Instead, get the Bible Timeline Chart that goes with it, found here:  Bible Timeline Chart

It tells you where you can find all the pertinent stories in your own Bible.  I have been using it with my Middle School Student.  A great resource for a mere $5.

Thank you very much:).  Pauline Books have it here in Australia and only $20 including postage.  Next time I am in PB I will have a look at The Great Adventure Catholic Bible too.  

:like2: