An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Update

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Hello, phriends!

It's been a really long time since I've last posted on here. I'm not really sure if any of the old guard are still on here, but just in case, I wanted to have a life update and see how everyone else is doing.

So much has happened that I'm not sure what to put. I am still in seminary. I'm almost halfway done with junior year, which is going by way faster than it seems the past years have. I'm currently assisting and teaching RCIA at a parish in Dallas for my pastoral assignment this year, which is going well. Also, my beard  has progressed to a satisfactory level.

...Somehow I can't really think of anything else to add. Ask me questions and I'll fill in the gaps.

How is life going for you?

FP, 

Good for you!   Your endeavors sound wonderful.    PM is almost extinguished, not many old guard post, or any posts for that matter. 

Glad to hear your studies are going well enough.  I remember you had some concerns since you were homeschooled for awhile. 

I certainly hope you’re satisfied with your beard.   If you aren’t married and trying to please a spouse, the only point in a beard is to please yourself.  :pimp:

PhuturePriest
3 hours ago, Anomaly said:

FP, 

Good for you!   Your endeavors sound wonderful.    PM is almost extinguished, not many old guard post, or any posts for that matter. 

Glad to hear your studies are going well enough.  I remember you had some concerns since you were homeschooled for awhile. 

I certainly hope you’re satisfied with your beard.   If you aren’t married and trying to please a spouse, the only point in a beard is to please yourself.  :pimp:

Good to hear from you! I was worried going into freshmen year, but at this point I'm probably too relaxed and nonchalant. :P I could probably do with some godly fear of failing right about now, in the midst of an 8 page term paper on whether God is 1 or 3 persons and having no idea what to say.

2 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Glad to hear you're still in seminary. I will pray for you. I just became a dual US-UK citizen this week! 

Thanks! It's amesome that you're a dual citizen now! Though why anyone would leave glorious England for boring America, I will never know. :|

Hey! Good to have an update from you.  I'm unsure how your seminary system works, so where are you in the program and how much further to go?

On 11/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, PhuturePriest said:

Hello, phriends!

It's been a really long time since I've last posted on here. I'm not really sure if any of the old guard are still on here, but just in case, I wanted to have a life update and see how everyone else is doing.

So much has happened that I'm not sure what to put. I am still in seminary. I'm almost halfway done with junior year, which is going by way faster than it seems the past years have. I'm currently assisting and teaching RCIA at a parish in Dallas for my pastoral assignment this year, which is going well. Also, my beard  has progressed to a satisfactory level.

...Somehow I can't really think of anything else to add. Ask me questions and I'll fill in the gaps.

Hi bro. I moved to Chicago and got married 1 year ago to a hot Catholic guy.  We just bought our 1st house. Im barren so no babies. Maybe adopt some day. Not sure what happened to phatmass although I could speculate.  

7 hours ago, Seven77 said:

Hey, good to hear from you and to know that you are doing well. Post again so the place can get lively again.

Well maybe I will. What's your life update?

On 11/15/2018 at 11:24 AM, PhuturePriest said:

Hello, phriends!

who are you?

PhuturePriest
On 11/16/2018 at 4:52 PM, truthfinder said:

Hey! Good to have an update from you.  I'm unsure how your seminary system works, so where are you in the program and how much further to go?

Hello! Good to see you again! So, if you go in without a bachelor's degree, then you have 4 years of philosophy at one seminary, then move to another for 4 years of theology, getting ordained a deacon at the beginning of your last year and then ordained a priest once you've graduated. All in all, 8 years. Unless your diocese hates you, of course, in which case you take a pastoral year at a parish six or seven years in or so, making it 9 years. That's not even to mention those poor buffoons blessed souls (:saint:) chosen to study at Rome who get advanced degrees and take even longer than that. But luckily my diocese sends no one to Rome, so I don't have to worry about that.

Luckily, my diocese does not hate me, so it's only 8 years in total for me, with 2 1/2 down. Currently I'm at Holy Trinity in Irving, Texas, which has its classes through the University of Dallas, which normally I am grateful for and proud of but am currently rather meh about because of this 12 page philosophy paper I have to write for 2 books we neither read nor went over in class...

Presuming I pass that class, in a year and a half my diocese my diocese will ship me off either to Kenrick Glennon in Saint Louis or Mundelein in Chicago. I'm kind of strongly hoping for Mundelein and will make that known when asked in a year, but I recognize my value and will be grateful that my bishop sends me anywhere at all. :|

Ash Wednesday
On 11/15/2018 at 10:28 PM, PhuturePriest said:

Thanks! It's amesome that you're a dual citizen now! Though why anyone would leave glorious England for boring America, I will never know. :|

LOL, I left America and moved to England. I was born American. My home state had better natural beauty, but England has great churches.