Jump to content
PhuturePriest

Life Update

Recommended Posts

chrysostom
21 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

LOL, I left America and moved to England. I was born American. My home state had better natural beauty, but England has great churches. 

Speaking of natural beauty, just a few in no particular order...Becky Falls, Haytor, Watersmeet, Bourton-on-the-Water, Clovelly, the Ingleton waterfall walk, Ullswater. And of course Walsingham. Lots of watery names there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
truthfinder
On 11/24/2018 at 11:54 PM, PhuturePriest said:

Hello! Good to see you again! So, if you go in without a bachelor's degree, then you have 4 years of philosophy at one seminary, then move to another for 4 years of theology, getting ordained a deacon at the beginning of your last year and then ordained a priest once you've graduated. All in all, 8 years. Unless your diocese hates you, of course, in which case you take a pastoral year at a parish six or seven years in or so, making it 9 years. That's not even to mention those poor buffoons blessed souls (:saint:) chosen to study at Rome who get advanced degrees and take even longer than that. But luckily my diocese sends no one to Rome, so I don't have to worry about that.

Luckily, my diocese does not hate me, so it's only 8 years in total for me, with 2 1/2 down. Currently I'm at Holy Trinity in Irving, Texas, which has its classes through the University of Dallas, which normally I am grateful for and proud of but am currently rather meh about because of this 12 page philosophy paper I have to write for 2 books we neither read nor went over in class...

Presuming I pass that class, in a year and a half my diocese my diocese will ship me off either to Kenrick Glennon in Saint Louis or Mundelein in Chicago. I'm kind of strongly hoping for Mundelein and will make that known when asked in a year, but I recognize my value and will be grateful that my bishop sends me anywhere at all. :|

Cool FP! Prayers for your progress, and all the best with the paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seven77
On 11/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Well maybe I will. What's your life update?

Thanks for asking. Not much to tell really. I  joined the Disabilities Council for the state of Maryland, got serious case of pneumonia and was in the hospital for 40 days earlier this year, taking a class on the Catechism section on prayer, determined to be more diligent with being holy--praying--reading ( rereading Chronicles of Narnia, Fulfillment of All Desire)-- blogging and graphic design, trying to stay warm, getting ready for a small group discussion for Advent with some peeps from the parish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilllabettt
1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

Thanks for asking. Not much to tell really. I  joined the Disabilities Council for the state of Maryland, got serious case of pneumonia and was in the hospital for 40 days earlier this year, taking a class on the Catechism section on prayer, determined to be more diligent with being holy--praying--reading ( rereading Chronicles of Narnia, Fulfillment of All Desire)-- blogging and graphic design, trying to stay warm, getting ready for a small group discussion for Advent with some peeps from the parish.

Glad you came through the sick. Did/do you like the hospital? I found after a couple weeks, I liked it. I liked people bringing me my food and making my bed. It was nice to be surrounded by people taking care of me.  Towards the end I was actually kinda scared to leave. My name is Lilllabettt and I like attention

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seven77
52 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

Glad you came through the sick. Did/do you like the hospital? I found after a couple weeks, I liked it. I liked people bringing me my food and making my bed. It was nice to be surrounded by people taking care of me.  Towards the end I was actually kinda scared to leave. My name is Lilllabettt and I like attention

 

Well, I have to say that in general I do not like the hospital at all but strangely I find myself missing it once I leave. Have to say that I also like the attention and being surrounded by people taking care of me, which they do every day at my house – – but it's different in the hospital, the experience of meeting new people I guess.  And I know the feeling of being scared to leave, while simultaneously wanting to.

This time around I was high as a kite, tripping off LSD level painkillers that made me delirious to the point of hallucinating. But I do have memories of being there and the nurses and doctors as well as family and friends. I really missed the ICU staff so I went back twice to thank them, as an outpatient seeing specialists at the hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilllabettt
3 hours ago, Seven77 said:

Well, I have to say that in general I do not like the hospital at all but strangely I find myself missing it once I leave. Have to say that I also like the attention and being surrounded by people taking care of me, which they do every day at my house – – but it's different in the hospital, the experience of meeting new people I guess.  And I know the feeling of being scared to leave, while simultaneously wanting to.

This time around I was high as a kite, tripping off LSD level painkillers that made me delirious to the point of hallucinating. But I do have memories of being there and the nurses and doctors as well as family and friends. I really missed the ICU staff so I went back twice to thank them, as an outpatient seeing specialists at the hospital.

When I was discharged the last time one of the nurses, this dreamboat dude in pink scrubs, said "don't wanna see you again unless you're bringing cookies." I didnt bring cookies but I write a nice letter for his file. I also stole a pair of hospital pantaloons, which I am currently wearing as pjs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatherineM

We’re fine. Been working on adopting more teenagers. We are committed to not letting another kid age out of foster care without being adopted. We got awarded the Order of St. Sylvester for our work with these kids. My husband loves the idea that he can now legally ride a horse in St. Peter’s square wearing a sword. I’m sure the Swiss Guard are going to let a 6’5” 300 lb. schizophrenic with a sword near the Pope. 

I volunteer with a army cadet unit. Basically Canadian JROTC. I do their uniforms and help with the pipe and drum band. I’m learning to drum military style along with a bunch of teenagers. We have a new basset hound puppy. He’s 5 months old and teething. My husband’s feet are his favorite teething rings. Fed 36 people for Thanksgiving. Some of my books have now been translated into 18 languages including Latin and Cree. I’m hoping Gaelic is next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seven77
On 12/1/2018 at 12:59 AM, Lilllabettt said:

When I was discharged the last time one of the nurses, this dreamboat dude in pink scrubs, said "don't wanna see you again unless you're bringing cookies." I didnt bring cookies but I write a nice letter for his file. I also stole a pair of hospital pantaloons, which I am currently wearing as pjs 

 I'm sure that he appreciated that. It's a great thing to show gratitude for nurses who cared for you.  They do so much and are quickly forgotten and generally under appreciated. I went back,  brought a card and a box of chocolates, and took pictures with the nurses. They were really happy to see me as I was to see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×