An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why is the Phorum Mostly Dead?

tinytherese

PhuturePriest
3 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

I miss Hasan /Hassan. He turned me vegetarian. 

Did he really? Is he vegetarian? If so, I had no idea.

I believe Hassan accidentally had Mediator of Meh power or Winchester gave them at one point.   It didn’t last long.  

It’s nice to reminisce, but I think the final act has come.   Essentially, dUSt outgrew his need and desire for the site.   PM has been important to many people at times, so I understand his reluctance to let it go.   But he hasn’t been a significant and consistent influence here for a couple of years. 

I know Phatmass takes money. I remember him expressing that need several times and that it was coming out of his own pocket. I don't think he's gonna beg. And I know he has a very large family. If the donation needs aren't being met I'm surprised this site is still online.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, PhuturePriest said:

Did he really? Is he vegetarian? If so, I had no idea.

He convinced me it was consistent with prolife principles.  Idk if he himself is one since he is not prolife.

He is the only one who has ever bested me in an argument. Therefore I have fondness for him.

Edited by Lilllabettt

I don't know if this place is really dying out. Sure hope not. I have been posting since 2000, practically at the inception of this website, and so has Anomaly under a different name.

Dust where are you?

2 hours ago, Seven77 said:

I don't know if this place is really dying out. Sure hope not. I have been posting since 2000, practically at the inception of this website, and so has Anomaly under a different name.

Dust where are you?

He posted somewhere in this thread.

I dont think phatmass is done for, but neither should it be taken for granted. Sometimes that can happen.  

That Phatmass is very quiet to its usual form might be because Christmas is almost here and members busy with preparations for what is probably the busiest time of year.

Life, and I suspect forums too, can go into quiet periods for one reason or another, but eventually it passes.  I don't think Phatmass is dying, but then no way to know the future of course.   One can hope this is just transitory and a quiet period, the doldrums.

dominicansoul

I know that Phatmass would get really active when some controversial debate was going on; the guys on this side would take on the guys on the other side and we'd fight to the death. 

I still post here, so I guess my side won... :P

We need more fights to the death...

54 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

So was I, one of the most coolest acts of dUSt in my phatmass history.

i don't remember that....I would have liked to have seen that

2 hours ago, tinytherese said:

How can we get new people on here and possibly get them to stick around? Will the phorum continue on?

Perhaps it might become a case of Phatmass quality rather than Phatmass quantity, no way of knowing.  Witness certainly speaks loudly.  Other than that, we are entering into probably the busiest time of year with most of us pretty busy - some might even be going on holidays or already on holidays.  I was flat out yesterday - only the weather here in South Australia keeps me at home (no vehicle), but sooner or later before the 25th I am going to have to be out and about no matter weather just to be ready for the 25th.

17 hours ago, dUSt said:

Turns out all the "troublemakers" are the ones who made the most posts. lol

I hate what that happens