An Old School Catholic Message Board

20th Century Fox Cowards

cmotherofpirl

They were right. The movie is already stirring up anti-semetic remarks.

Even though he retracted this comment, I support it. Saying "those ignorant Jews!!!" is anti-semitical. I also posted in response to the comment "Jews always get what they want" as being anti-semitical. On the other hand, I agree that it's probably vocal Jews denouncing the movie that is more likely to stir up anti-semitism than the movie itself.

I'm speaking of the ignorant ones trying to shutdown The Passion. Not all Jews. My Lord is Jewish. I love my lord more than anything. I dont think I need to defend myself. I was just making a point.

I'm speaking of the ignorant ones trying to shutdown The Passion. Not all Jews. My Lord is Jewish. I love my lord more than anything. I dont think I need to defend myself. I was just making a point.

You have a point.

What the heck is a conservative Democrat anyway?

*flails hands back and forth*

That'd be me! Or... well... something.

I'm more of a moderate then anything. But that's because I am liberal on certain issues (union support) and conservative on others (abortion). I "remember" (as in, my grandfather has told me about) the time that Catholics were predominantly Democratic. As in pro-union and etc.

Edited by VanHooty

The movie is already stirring up anti-semetic remarks.

So it's okay for Eminem to have anti-Jew, anti-gay lyrics etc on his records and his records get released because it's his "artistic expression" but Mel Gibson can't release a movie about the Catholic faith?

I'm sorry but that is complete bull****! :angry:

So it's okay for Eminem to have anti-Jew, anti-gay lyrics etc on his records and his records get released because it's his "artistic expression" but Mel Gibson can't release a movie about the Catholic faith?

I'm sorry but that is complete bull****! :angry:

You're so right! And of course, gays and Jews complain about his lyrics, yet no one does a thing. But when Jews complain about Mel Gibson's film, someone sure does do something! How inconsistent and narrow-minded! What would be in the public's best interest -- rap songs advocating violence, prejudice, and misogyny or the Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Well, I guess it's not so strange. I don't have my Bible with me right now, but I know it says that whoever hates the light doesn't come near it. Our nation hates the light; that's all there is to it! The more immoral it is, the more this country likes it!

Our nation hates the light; that's all there is to it! The more immoral it is, the more this country likes it!

You're so right, and that makes me sad (not that you're right, but what you said :) ) The MTV VMAs, the music, the magazines, etc. Have you noticed even "respected" magazines are now turning towards the dark side so they can sell more magazines? Sad sad sad. :(

Have you noticed even "respected" magazines are now turning towards the dark side so they can sell more magazines? Sad sad sad.

I have inDouche. :( When I was in college in the mid-90s, I saw a magazine in the student bookstore -- a women's magazine of some kind (can't remember the title). Of the subjects dealt with in the magazine that appeared on the cover, I couldn't help but notice there was an article on the dos and don'ts of adultery listed. How low can you go (and no, I'm not talking about the limbo)?!

Dave and Lil Red, I agree with you both! That Eminem gets away with it while Gibson is attacked is just wrong. Wrong. Grrrr...... :angry:

Edited by Lil Red

Many executives in Hollywood say that Mr. Gibson's movie, which chronicles in bloody detail the last hours of Jesus' life, is potentially inflammatory and not commercial enough for a high-profile mainstream studio like Fox.

My butt! More lies... They aren't affraid it won't be commercial enough. They're affraid that it WILL be commercial, and then all their money making, sex movies will be shot to hell.

Go Mel.

With the Grace of God, this movie will make it.

They're affraid that it WILL be commercial, and then all their money making, sex movies will be shot to hell. 

You are so right! They're afraid that if they show America a better way of living, that people will actually take it, instead of going down the "dark" path they've been traveling.