An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Few Different Intentions

OnlySunshine

Firstly, please pray for my paternal grandfather.  He has had a second stroke in the last 2 months and is declining pretty quickly.  I'm hoping he makes it thru Christmas so we can spend time with him but he has already told my grandmother that he doesn't think he's coming home.  That is very worrying as he is giving up hope.  He looked really frail at Thanksgiving and I am pretty sure he will succumb soon to his failing health.

My paternal grandmother, too, is in need of prayers.  With her husband no longer under the same roof, she is suffering from depression, which is understandable.  I saw her this past week and was worried about her because she looked like she had not slept well in days.  I can't imagine what it must feel like to miss your spouse as I have never been married, but I am praying that peace enters her heart that he is in a good place and is well taken care of for now.

My maternal grandmother is declining rapidly in her mental state.  She has a different form of dementia than my paternal grandfather (most likely, vascular dementia as she used to smoke) and has had anxiety all her life which has increased dramatically since her memory started declining.  Christmas is a very difficult time of year for all involved because my grandmother's anxiety increases.  Last year, she was full-blown crazy and became physical on Christmas Day which was incredibly difficult to watch.  I am pretty adamant that I won't be returning to her house on Christmas this year because a quiet environment is much better for her.

Lastly, please say some prayers for me.  I have a mental health disorder that I was recently diagnosed with that can cause identity disturbances.  I lost my job about a year ago and everything seems to have fallen apart.  Also, my physical health has gone downhill.  I have an autoimmune disorder and fibromyalgia which causes physical pain and I have yet to find something that helps.  My mental health is also uncontrolled.  I'm trying to get a Master's degree but I'm struggling in my class this quarter after dropping to part-time enrollment.  I am really unsure what to do.  I'm undergoing counseling but it's a slow process.  I've also had some suicidal thoughts recently.  :(

Edited by OnlySunshine