An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Sisters of the Poor Leave Oregon

DameAgnes

https://www.toledoblade.com/news/religion/2018/12/07/little-sisters-of-the-poor-reflect-as-order-leaves-oregon-ohio/stories/20181208005/

On 12/10/2018 at 10:35 PM, DameAgnes said:

What a shame. They are getting vocations though. Just not buckets as in former days. If anyone is looking for a community that really practices "the french school" e.g. st therese, st frances de sales, etc. they are the real deal.

Aw no! I love them, such a wonderful order, I know Sisters from another location who seem to be doing well. Hope they thrive again wherever they go.

Giving Oregon up was...hard, but we just don't have the Sisters to staff all our Homes properly and vocations are not numerous enough although we've never been without.  The consolation is that another Catholic group is taking it over and a few Little Sisters are staying for a bit to help them get acclimated.  The residents won't have to move, which spares everyone a real heartache, and the spiritual support will stay intact.  As St. Jeanne Jugan always said, "Blessed be God.  Thank you, my God.  Glory be to God!"

• 2 weeks later...

That would have been a real heartbreaker, if the residents would of had to move!

Especially if it was a CATHOLIC CHAIN that was requiring them to do so!!