An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kavanaugh Support for Planned Parenthood May Doom Hopes of Roe v. Wade Repeal

"Roe v Wade has been great for Republicans, allowing them to grandstand about being anti-abortion and pass abortion bans that they know will be immediately overturned, without ever having to be concerned with any real-world consequences. Overturning Roe would be a huge blow for Republicans and a massive, multimillion dollar fundraising bonanza, for Democrats."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/kavanaugh-support-for-planned-parenthood-may-doom-hopes-of-roe-v-wade-repeal/amp/?utm_source=PJMLifestyleFacebook&utm_medium=post&fbclid=IwAR2gKnRPCXXEzYN_3VsTTwGbOzaxkAVGDIfWSRoLfqMIg3ZcY7rLBlCT82k&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Josh said:

"Christianist Pro Life Suckers" - Mark Shea

Mark Shea is a raegaholic. My sincere advice to you if you are reading anything he writes is to stop. He can take you to a dark place.  Starting with using the word Christ as part of a slur.

Btw to say that B.K. ruled in favor of Planned Parenthood because he joined the majority in declining to hear a case is ... a stretch. Regardless. Its unlikely that human rights will be restored to fetal people by the Supreme Court in our lifetime. That's why the abolition movement has worked at the grassroots level to severely restrict abortion access, mostly through state houses.

Another priority is getting viability laws passed in as many states as possible.  These laws are constitutionally tested and hardy and as fetal medicine improves will gradually restrict the killing window to zero. 

Mark Shea uses prolife as a pejorative, because since the group opposing abortion power includes people who support the death penalty, or oppose gun control, or what have you - the moniker prolife is hypocritical. 

Personally I cede the point. Although I personally am prolife I have no issue working with abolitionists who simply support fetal rights, regardless of their views on the availability of welfare payments.  

Abolitionist efforts are paying off. Abortion rates continue to go down every year regardless of which party holds power. According to planned Parenthood access to abortion has never been as restricted as it is now since Roe.

unfortunately,  the drop in surgical abortions is probably due to the availability of the "morning after pill" (RU-486). 

the great "Hippocrates of Kos" wrote:   The Hippocratic Oath. Variants of the oath, which established basic guidelines for medical ethics, are taken by virtually all graduating medical students.1 In its original form—translated into English, we read the following:

I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion. 

RU-486 is no different than surgical abortions.

440px-Hippocrates.jpgPrimum non nocere

The Greek physician Hippocrates(460–370 BC), the author of the oath.

1 hour ago, little2add said:

unfortunately,  the drop in surgical abortions is probably due to the availability of the "morning after pill" (RU-486). 

the great "Hippocrates of Kos" wrote:   The Hippocratic Oath. Variants of the oath, which established basic guidelines for medical ethics, are taken by virtually all graduating medical students.1 In its original form—translated into English, we read the following:

I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion. 

RU-486 is no different than surgical abortions.

440px-Hippocrates.jpgPrimum non nocere

The Greek physician Hippocrates(460–370 BC), the author of the oath.

I disagree with your hypothesis. It's a multilayer trend for sure. For example, young people are having less sex and remaining virgins longer. But there remains a category of woman who would kill a fetal person, but cannot find a doctor trained in the practice and/or does not have the resources to cross state lines.

57 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

does not have the resources to cross state lines.

IDK.  seems like Obamacare and PP have that resource problem covered

KnightofChrist
11 hours ago, Josh said:

"Christianist Pro Life Suckers" - Mark Shea

Mark Shea would sell out as easy as Kavanaugh. I really can't believe people still that bitter little ball of hate seriously.

Ash Wednesday

I ditched Shea a long time ago. Not because of whatever points he was trying to get across, but because of his constant profanities and personal attacks -- he was just so childish to the point I found it too distracting.

I've been friends or followed Mark for a long time on Facebook. He just dishes out what people give him. He matches their ignorance or even up's it because of how smart and talented of a writer he is. I agree it isn't healthy and it's better just to ignore people that upset you so much. But at the same time it is what it is. I'm not saying he's in the right everytime but there are some very ignorant people that come at him. Like it or not there are a bunch of racist hard right Catholics in America. And they are on Facebook and very active. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a person on Facebook with all these traditional religious photos ect going off about how only whites should marry whites. Or how great the confederate flag is and it represents Christ ect. I heard Raymond Arroyo on Relevant Radio praising the confederate flag. What evangelism. It's refreshing to hear someone like Mark call these people out. He has anger issues. But the people he's getting into it with a lot of the times have some huge issues as well.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I've been friends or followed Mark for a long time on Facebook. He just dishes out what people give him. He matches their ignorance or even up's it because of how smart and talented of a writer he is. I agree it isn't healthy and it's better just to ignore people that upset you so much. But at the same time it is what it is. I'm not saying he's in the right everytime but there are some very ignorant people that come at him. Like it or not there are a bunch of racist hard right Catholics in America. And they are on Facebook and very active. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a person on Facebook with all these traditional religious photos ect going off about how only whites should marry whites. Or how great the confederate flag is and it represents Christ ect. I heard Raymond Arroyo on Relevant Radio praising the confederate flag. What evangelism. It's refreshing to hear someone like Mark call these people out. He has anger issues. But the people he's getting into it with a lot of the times have some huge issues as well.

It's tough, because he provides a needed service. There are a lot of conservative hypocrites in the Catholic Church and they deserve to be called on their BS.

That said, hes a very bitter man. And that kind of vile bitterness only comes from a wounded ego... not offense taken on behalf of God.

I put him in the same category as Church Militant. They pour poison down the throats of their listeners. He also does not believe pursuing rights for fetal people is the "right approach" to helping fetal people.  I couldn't disagree more. His approach to me, is the equivalent of seeking to "improve conditions" on the plantation, or to "improve conditions" in the concentration camp.  

Yeah. I still follow Mark Shea on Facebook, but I have to say that in the last eight years or so he has become really spiteful and bitter.  I think that @Lilllabettt may be right to put him in the same category as Church Militant – – although I am not sure I would do that. His criticism is always valid, and he does provide a much needed service – – it's just the way he lets his points come across that is the problem. I think that he could actually convince more people with his valid points if he didn't come across so angry – – that goes for anyone really.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, Josh said:

"Roe v Wade has been great for Republicans, allowing them to grandstand about being anti-abortion and pass abortion bans that they know will be immediately overturned, without ever having to be concerned with any real-world consequences. Overturning Roe would be a huge blow for Republicans and a massive, multimillion dollar fundraising bonanza, for Democrats."

the democrats are pro abortion 

the republicans are pro life

The DNC is scary 

20 hours ago, Seven77 said:

Yeah. I still follow Mark Shea on Facebook, but I have to say that in the last eight years or so he has become really spiteful and bitter.  I think that @Lilllabettt may be right to put him in the same category as Church Militant – – although I am not sure I would do that. His criticism is always valid, and he does provide a much needed service – – it's just the way he lets his points come across that is the problem. I think that he could actually convince more people with his valid points if he didn't come across so angry – – that goes for anyone really.

I'd have to agree with this fine gentleman's assessment.  I can separate the wheat from the chaff with him, and well...i like him.

but as for kavanaugh....well just color me surprised!!

318104_14936979973824_rId6.jpg

9 hours ago, MIKolbe said:

I'd have to agree with this fine gentleman's assessment.  I can separate the wheat from the chaff with him, and well...i like him.

but as for kavanaugh....well just color me surprised!!

318104_14936979973824_rId6.jpg

Hi mr so and so. Im uncultured can you tell me What is your meme from.

Gomer Pyle in Andy Griffith Show - I am old enough to remember it, it goes back quite a way now, quite some years, in my TV viewing .

Wikipedia - Gomer Pyle was a television character played by Jim Nabors and introduced in the middle of the third season of The Andy Griffith Show. A simple-minded and gentle auto mechanic, he became a character when actor Howard McNear, who portrayed Floyd the Barber, took a respite from the show for health reasons.

First appearance‎: ‎1962

Portrayed by‎: ‎Jim Nabors

Last appearance‎: ‎1991

Edited by BarbaraTherese