An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Broadway Fans...

P3chrmd

Any of you guys..like broadway....do any of you actually live in NYC or near it!

I live in NC...but I have been to NYC and LOVED IT! I love the whole atmosphere...and I love broadway

I recentley saw "Wicked"!!! VERY AWSOME MUSICAL!

homeschoolmom

yeah, me too...

The last show that I saw the went to Broadway was A Year With Frog and Toad, which started here in Minneapolis. Eventually, it went to Broadway and was up for a Tony last year (or the year before?)... It was great. And at $9 a ticket, we can't go wrong. My kids loved it.

We also saw Joseph and the Amazing Technecolor Dreamcoat when it was here. My daughter loves that musical-- but she didn't get to see the touring version... she saw the high school version... shhhh, don't tell.

I love theatre, especially musicals! I'd love to go see a show on Broadway some day.. I'm trying out for The Sound of Music soon!! :D

I loooove musical theater...never seen any profesional musicals though!!

I auditioned to take Musical theater as an elective next year and I made the cut!! I'm soo happy!! Next year will be awesome!! :cool:

Soldier4Him

[quote]I love theatre, especially musicals! I'd love to go see a show on Broadway some day.. I'm trying out for The Sound of Music soon!! [/quote]

IMMACULATA YOU ROCK!!!!! I was a nun in my high school version!

Anywho, I'm a theatre major in college now, and I adore Broadway. I hope to preform there someday. Im gonna go see Phantom of the Opera in a month!

Homeschoolmom~Frog & Toad won the Tony 2 years ago. And the Minneapolis Children's Theatre COmpany took home the TOny for best regional theatre. YAY MINNESOTA!!!!!

Glad to find that there are fellow broadway fans!

Whenever you go next time to NYC...you HAVE to see "Wicked" SOOO AWSOME...and even if you haven't seen it...I would still recommend the soundtrack! I saw "The Boy From Oz" as well...that too was great!

I live in australia, so kinda hard for me to get to NYC, plus its not my stuff, but GO that guy from 'THe Boy FrOm oZ', Hugh something, aussie guy who won the tony

[quote name='P3chrmd' date='Jun 29 2004, 08:25 PM'] Yea..Hugh did really great in The Boy From Oz! He is a great actor! [/quote]
Hugh Jackman! thats his name..lol i got a total mental block when i wrote that last msg. Hes a brilliant actor, good bloke 2.