An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gratitude

Peace

A couple of months ago my shrink, who happens to be Catholic, mentioned to me that he does the daily examen. I had never actually heard of it before but was a little intrigued by it. Went online and read some stuff.

Gave the examen a try for a couple of days. I can't say that I really got into it too much, but perhaps one day I will make a routine out of it.

One thing that I picked up on that I really liked, though, was the idea of "Gratitude". I am talking Tony Robbins here people. It is pretty amazing how just changing your mindset from "glass half empty" to "glass half full" can have a big impact on your happiness and the way that you approach your day.

What I have been doing is this. I bought a small journal. In the morning before I leave for work, I sit down on my living room couch, turn off the TV, and set my cell phone clock for 5 minutes. Then I take the 5 minutes and just think about and write down everything that I have to be grateful for.

This routine has been good for me. Just wanted to share that. That's all I got, hope everyone is good.

Peace