An Old School Catholic Message Board

Puppet media EWTN claims Christian identity; it's wrong

KnightofChrist

There has been a clear up tick in the hate of Arroyo and EWTN lately. I wonder if their putting a spotlight on bishops for their cover-up of sexual abuse has anything to do with it. I'm sure it's a factor.

1 hour ago, KnightofChrist said:

There has been a clear up tick in the hate of Arroyo and EWTN lately. I wonder if their putting a spotlight on bishops for their cover-up of sexual abuse has anything to do with it. I'm sure it's a factor.

Ok. But doesnt Arroyo give you an icky plastic feeling. 

Part of it is my homophobia and my inability to take gay men seriously.  Not to accuse him of being gay -hes married with kids. But I was extremely surprised to find that out that he was married with kids. He reads the news theatrically. It's off-putting and I have no idea how he got his job. 

KnightofChrist
1 minute ago, Lilllabettt said:

Ok. But doesnt Arroyo give you an icky plastic feeling. 

Part of it is my homophobia and my inability to take gay men seriously.  Not to accuse him of being gay -hes married with kids. But I was extremely surprised to find that out that he was married with kids. He reads the news theatrically. It's off-putting and I have no idea how he got his job. 

Most news anchors and the way they act on TV come off as plastic to me. Most of them seem like automatons.

I perfer to read the news than watch it.

I've never thought of him as gay. 

8 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Most news anchors and the way they act on TV come off as plastic to me. Most of them seem like automatons.

I perfer to read the news than watch it.

I've never thought of him as gay. 

Well hes no Wrangler man that's for sure.

I prefer the British style of news reading personally. 

On a slightly tangential subject: EWTN.

It's a little rich for the Register to be calling for ecceliastical authority to reign in a rogue catholic media provider.  I fully appreciate the irony. Just so that's clear. 

But I feel EWTN really has gone down hill in the past 5 yrs, and it seems to be accelerating.  I think the Francis pontificate posed a huge challenge/ opportunity and they blew their response.

"Loyal opposition " is a very difficult role to play well, but they blew it. Especially with Arroyo. Not sure he was ever meant to be a non editorial guy but... yeah. I would be adding something to his contract to restrict where he can appear, if I were them.

5 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

EWTN.

It's a little rich for the Register to be calling for ecceliastical authority to reign in a rogue catholic media provider. 

The link in the op is the "Reporter" (the bad NCR), not the "Register" (the good NCR).

6 hours ago, Jack4 said:

The link in the op is the "Reporter" (the bad NCR), not the "Register" (the good NCR).

The Reporter is called the "distorter" by some and "fishwrap" by some others. 

Their bishop criticized them asked them to take "Catholic" out of their name. 

Here's a link to a webpage against them: http://www.lepantoinstitute.org/national-catholic-reporter-should-be-banned-by-us-bishops/ It's a bit spicy, but they give specific links of problems of fishwrap. 

Ed Peters once blogged: 

"What do the National Catholic Reporter and ‘The Da Vinci Code’ have in common?

They both are packed with so many factual errors and so much utter nonsense that they can only be enjoyed for the comical effect that comes precisely from packing so many errors and so much nonsense into one sitting."

1 hour ago, Jack4 said:

The Reporter is called the "distorter" by some and "fishwrap" by some others. 

Their bishop criticized them asked them to take "Catholic" out of their name. 

Here's a link to a webpage against them: http://www.lepantoinstitute.org/national-catholic-reporter-should-be-banned-by-us-bishops/ It's a bit spicy, but they give specific links of problems of fishwrap. 

Ed Peters once blogged: 

"What do the National Catholic Reporter and ‘The Da Vinci Code’ have in common?

They both are packed with so many factual errors and so much utter nonsense that they can only be enjoyed for the comical effect that comes precisely from packing so many errors and so much nonsense into one sitting."

Sorry i just typeod. it be easier if they werent both NCR