An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Voris vs Mark Shea: How do Laymen address the Crisis in the Church?

I don't know about the same coin. Mark defitenly has big faults. Voris is funny. I don't hate him. He does good investigative work. He's uncovered a lot of stuff. It needs to be done. Although I think he has always come off too judgemental and self righteous for the life he admits living all throughout his 20 and 30's. Also if someone wasn't Catholic I think he would most likely push them further away. Not all people but a lot.

Edited by Guest

Is it just me or did there seem that there was no conclusion in that?

Mark ended with calling out constructively that Voris points out problems without solutions (I agree that was the reason I stopped watching his videos) while he does.

Voris ended with hyperbole and whining about things that Mark has said about his viewers without full context to what Mark was writing.  I also agree that Dissing the following of a fellow Catholics works is rude, Yet Voris never answered the final on what the difference between the two are and how his argument is a valid solution to the Crisis in the church.

I think Mark easily won. Voris had good arguments though. As much as I can't stand Michaels  presentation rhetoric ect I can't completely dismiss the guy. He does his research and brings to much ammo to just write off. 

I was most suprised by Michael Matt. I'm only familiar with the character/role he puts forward on Remnant videos. It was nice to see a more human and down to earth version on this video. He came off likeable.

Edited by Guest

So I haven't watched the Vortex in years. I just watched some new episodes. In the last video he is overly adamant and saying with absolute certainty people aren't born with ssa. He says they're raped into it, don't have a masculine upbringing or other issues like this. This is a lie. Maybe some cases are like that but for many they knew from a very young age they had ssa.

I think Voris is trying to sell the fact he is no longer having sex with males. I don't know him so I have no idea. If I had to guess I would assume he isn't. From watching these videos he's also trying to sell the fact he is no longer attracted to males. Again I don't know him but if I had to guess on it I would think it's a lie. He admitted to having sex with guys all throughout his 20's and 30's. By saying he's no longer attracted to men he's saying that's the case for everyone else too when they repent of same sex sexual sins and turn away from that lifestyle. That the attraction is magically gone. In these videos he's insinuating that someone who has the same sex attraction is actively choosing it and God is not pleased that the person has it. And that God will remove it. 

I don't have ssa but I know for a fact many know from a young age they have it. God loves them and the sin is acting out on it not having the feelings. From these videos Voris seems to be stating both are a sin.

After watching some of his new videos I draw the same conclusion as years before. He's toxic. Not judging his soul or anything like that. Just talking about his media. Although I give him props for bringing all these abusers to the light and staying on top of that. He has my support there and I hope he keeps going full force uncovering it all.

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

Although I give him props for bringing all these abusers to the light and staying on top of that.

*abusers and those who cover for them and protect them

Edited by Guest