An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Please!

Amata Christi

Amata Christi

Hello phamily!  I hope you are all enjoying a blessed Christmas season!

I mainly just lurk on here, but right now I could use some prayers.  On Sunday, I finished and emailed in the questionnaire requested by the community I'm hoping to discern with.  One of the questions was about health conditions, and so I had to tell them about my depression.  I'm afraid that they won't want to discern with me now, because this is the point at which every other community I've contacted has told me to try elsewhere (or, in one case, never replied at all).  So please pray that I can continue discerning with them if that is God's will, but more importantly that I can accept God's will either way.  Also, please pray that I can be patient while waiting for a reply - it somehow did not occur to me until I had sent the email that maybe the 4th Sunday of Advent was not the best time to email a religious community and hope for a quick reply.  Thank you all and God bless!

Yes, this would not be the time to expect a quick reply.  First, the fast, then the feast!  In the interim, be assured of my prayers.

I embrace you in prayer! This is a very busy time for religious communities, so I would not be concerned about a fast response.