An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bohemian Rhapsody

Put off seeing this becuase I thought I would hate it. Was definitely wrong. One of the best movies I've seen this year. Catholic News Service rates it morally offensive. I wouldn't take a 13 year old but for adults I recommend it. 

20181230_235057.jpg

Edited by Guest

"Bohemian Rhapsody" movie is  awful, unless your a fan of the rock group, queen, maybe?

Their act is a little too flamboyant for my taste.  

9 hours ago, CatherineM said:

He was a fascinating guy. One of the only famous people I know of who was raised in Zoroastrianism. 

He was

18 hours ago, Josh said:

Put off seeing this becuase I thought I would hate it. Was definitely wrong. One of the best movies I've seen this year. Catholic News Service rates it morally offensive. I wouldn't take a 13 year old but for adults I recommend it. 

20181230_235057.jpg

From what I've read about the movie, I  think I can understand why it would be classified as morally objectionable but I  would have thought it would be "limited audiences" or something. It's rated PG-13, right?

9 hours ago, CatherineM said:

He was a fascinating guy. One of the only famous people I know of who was raised in Zoroastrianism. 

I think so too because I like some of their music and because of his Indian background..  I pray for him.

1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

From what I've read about the movie, I  think I can understand why it would be classified as morally objectionable but I  would have thought it would be "limited audiences" or something. It's rated PG-13, right?

I was expecting it would be labeled limited audiences by the Catholic News Service review as well. I've seen R movies more controversial than this givin the limited audience label. Bohemian Rhapsody is rated PG 13.

It does show his life and implies same sex relations. But no sex scenes. Shows him kissing a guy once. It shows bluntly and accurately the consequences of his actions. It doesn't portray his actions as good. Although at the end he has a loving relationship with a male friend that is showed as a positive thing. I don't support gay marriage but at the same time I had no problem with this relationship being showed in a positive light. It's a brief part of the movie in the end. The world isn't Catholic. Not all agree gay unions are evil. Even most Catholics support it now a days. Not saying that makes it right but it's reality.

Edited by Guest

I haven't seen it, but I heard that Mike Myers will be in it. That amuses me because he performed the song Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne's World. I haven't seen that film either.

https://youtu.be/VzUU7SRRsGo 

Edited by tinytherese
Clarifying

• 2 weeks later...