An Old School Catholic Message Board

McCarrick's Victim James Grein Speaks Out On McCarrick And St. Gallen Mafia

"This is the most important video that I have EVER made. Please watch to be inspired to love Christ and informed about the deep rot in the American Catholic Church. James Grein inspires us all." - Dr. Taylor Marshall

"Dr. Marshall, this man is an incredibly courageous man to tell his story. However, the nature of a live interview lends itself to the participants to get off-topic. On a subject like this, brother, more vetting of the interviewee is needed. He seemed to deal (at some points) in more innuendo and rumor than in hard facts supported with evidence. In circumstances like this, where reputations are at stake--including the Church's honor--I urge you to take tight control of the interviews." - Dave K

"If expecting proof that St.John Paul II knew and covered it up is being part of the problem then count me in! And yes I listened to him and he gave no proof whatsoever and you didn’t challenge him on it at all!You just sat there and shook your head?Call me crazy but if we are going to trash a canonized saint as putting money over the good of the church then you better beaver dam well better have proof!The same man who was on his knees at 4am and didn’t leave that spot until 6am at which point he celebrated mass.The same pope who was profoundly Marian!The same pope saved by Our Lady of Fatima!The same pope who canonized more saints than any other pope!This is Our Papa you are talking about and you shame me for expecting you to provide proof of his guilt!I find that absolutely nauseating!You just have no clue how much we loved our Papa!Since proof or the truth dosent matter to you anymore who is next?Cardinal Sara?Cardinal Burke?Cardinal Arinze?Maybe Just go after all of them?Who needs proof anyways?The remnant and the sspx crowd attack them so you might as well join them!I really held you in high esteem because you were a traditional catholic who was level headed and wise.You weren’t a reactionary and you investigated things that you could prove were true.I always felt like I could trust you because of that.What happened to the Just Taylor Marshall who didn’t just attack people without substantiation?!It’s a good lesson for me not to put my trust in human beings and not to put people on a pedestal.I won’t be making that mistake with you again.This was my favorite channel but I see where you are headed and while it’s incredibly sad I just can’t follow you anymore.But I will be praying for you.God Bless." - Polka Dot Pilgrim

Edited by Guest

"The accusation that JPII deliberately left a known sexual predator in place solely to raise money requires more than an assertion on the guest's part. Is there any evidence other than hearsay to back up that allegation? This is a serious question. It is hard for me to believe that JPII (knowing well that he had faults) could have done this. But i am willing to be disabused."-Ashbanker

"The combination of homosexuality and pederasty is lethal. In a 1961 Vatican document, the Church insists that any man with an wicked tendency to homosexuality or pederasty be barred from religious life. It’s time we actually upheld that directive." - Shane Murtagh

"As a hard-core Catholic, I have difficulty reconciling that Pope John Paul II was declared a saint after receiving millions of dollars through the nefarious works of paedophiles, such as McCarrick and Marcel Marciel. Even after Pope John Paul II attributes the saving of his life to the Virgin Mary, he doesn’t have enough supernatural faith to consecrate Russia to her immaculate heart??? Then he prays for world peace with pagans who offer sacrifice and incense to false gods! Then Pope Francis’ C9 looses 1/3 of its members to child molestation chargers. C9? Or 9th Circle? His Argentinian track record in covering up sex abuse is equally shameful. Is there one good men among them? Who are they that refer to the SSPXX schismatic? In what alternate universe is the Novus Ordo Church legitimate and the SSPX schismatic???" - Pax Christi

"This is an excellent point. We can't just assume that JPII knew, even if James says "yes, he knew." (An attorney would raise a "lack of foundation" objection to the question, as the basis for James's knowledge was never established before the question was asked.) Like Ashbanker1000, I am willing to be disabused, but I'm unwilling to simply take James's word for it on JPII." - Thomas Smith

Edited by Guest

notyouraverageturkey

I used to be a big fan of Dr. Marshall but he has gone a bit far into conspiracy land in the last few months. Bringing this guy on has solidified my loss of respect for him. Do I believe Grein was abused? Yes he clearly exhibits the signs of an abused person and I don't doubt it came at the hands of McCarrick. But he also exhibits traits of someone with severe mental illness and seems quite detached from reality. I'm sure he believes what he is saying but I am having a hard time taking his claims seriously as a whole. It seems Marshall is willing to exploit this poor dudes neuroses for views and to stay relevant. 

Edited by notyouraverageturkey