An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cardinal’s cover-up trial puts French Catholic Church in glare of abuse scandal

As shocking as all this is, it is productive in that hierarchy is not beyond the law.  They now know that their identity and potential crime can be made public and they can be punished according to the law of the land.

As for the VAtican citing diplomatic immunity and the head of the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Spanish Archbishop Luis Francisco Ladaria Ferrer will not go on trial.  That does appear to be something of a cover up using diplomatic immunity.  In my book, it would be better if the Vatican allowed him to go on trial and waived the option of diplomatic immunity.  Citing the immunity can only make people wonder what the Vatican is trying to hide and something of a logical conclusion I think.

It is a very worrying time in The Church in its functioning as a human institution -  but Jesus has no intention of abandoning us and I have absolutely no intention of abandoning Him come what may, may Grace prevail.   Things may not be being dealt with according to my preference and things may grow even more disturbing and confusing.  If I look for answers, I look to Scripture.

Scripture is the Word of God:

Isaiah Chapter 55 http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PP2.HTM 

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD.

As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts. For just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down And do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, Giving seed to him who sows and bread to him who eats,

So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth;

It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will,

achieving the end for which I sent it.