An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommendation: Change Phatmass' Name

Luigi

I mean really.

Let's change  Phatmass' name to... Josh's Clerical Sexual Abuse Register. 

That would more accurately reflect the board content. Members would at least have a clue in the world what to expect. 

I don't think any poster here thinks that abuse and cover-ups did not take place. I don't think any poster here thinks that these should have taken place. Everyone knows that this is very serious. Everyone wants the problem to be solved. Everyone knows this is something to be prayed about. 

Hence, I am at a loss to see what @Josh's posts about these accomplish.

Phatmass is almost completely dead. I will post what I want. You post what you want. Post about how you reject the teaching in the Catechism on the death penalty. Post excuses why you don't have to submit to it and how that doesn't make you a cafeteria Catholic. Then after that go on defending slavery like you did a couple weeks ago. You post what you like and I will do the same. Have a great day.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I will post what I want. You post what you want.

Another issue is that what you want to post - if they are not about the sandals but are in discussion threads  - make caricatures or strawmen of others' arguments. 

"Our mission is to live and defend the faith given to us by Jesus Christ by remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His church. We encourage dialogue between people of all faiths and recognize that we all are striving for holiness. 

We feel that it is of primary importance to promote and adore His Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, develop a habit of prayer, and work toward a renewal of reverence in the Sacred Mass, which will help us all in our journey to grow closer to Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. 

We recognize that we are in a constant battle of good vs evil and ask for the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary, all the Saints in Heaven for the removal of pride and an increase in humility, with our ultimate goal being Sainthood. "

This is the Phatmass Mission Statement.  Perhaps we should all reread it again and keep this in mind as we post. I for one am sick and tired of all this church bashing and negativity and am surprised at the level in the system a particular person has achieved in doing such and is allowed to do such.  "Phatmass is dead""Phatmass is almost completely dead".  Time does change things and people move on, but to come here and see how one person is constantly bashing the church and defends the right to do so--it's a wonder its here at all.  That's not what this phorum is about.........

1 hour ago, Makarioi said:

I for one am sick and tired of all this church bashing and negativity and am surprised at the level in the system a particular person has achieved in doing such and is allowed to do such.  "Phatmass is dead""Phatmass is almost completely dead".  Time does change things and people move on, but to come here and see how one person is constantly bashing the church and defends the right to do so--it's a wonder its here at all.  That's not what this phorum is about.........

Give examples. Give specific examples where I'm "bashing" the Church. I've posted videos from CATHOLICS. And news stories from mainstream media on sexual abuse and cover-ups. These shouldn't be allowed to be posted?

Edited by Guest

On January 10, 2019 at 9:37 AM, dominicansoul said:

phatmass under any other name wouldn't smell as sweet...

or in this case, smell like tacos :paco2:

so old man armpit stink? 

1 hour ago, Lil Red said:

so old man armpit stink? 

I guess that answers the question to what this smells like.

image.png.1aef00b949323188766b06f96d1890da.png