An Old School Catholic Message Board

"You call this salvation? I'm outta here." .....

BarbTherese

For many Catholics, there’s a temptation to to say, “You call this salvation? I’m out of here.” But abandoning the Church is not truly an option if we believe Christ’s words................

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2018/09/05/what-must-catholic-laypeople-do-run-toward-holiness/

Excerpt: "In other eras of spiritual disarray and moral disaster, God has raised up great saints to reform his Church and inspire his faithful: Benedict of Norcia, Francis of Assisi, Catherine of Siena. None of us would choose to live in such a challenging time. But the solution is not to close our eyes to the failures of our shepherds and the way they have grievously wronged some of the most vulnerable of God’s children. We must have faith in God, our help in ages past, and strive to serve him by comforting the afflicted and demanding their afflictors face justice—and, we pray, experience true repentance. Our trust cannot be in princes, even princes of the Church, but in the God who says: “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the flock of my pasture. . . You have scattered my sheep and driven them away. You have not cared for them, but I will take care to punish your evil deeds. I myself will gather the remnant of my flock. . . and bring them back to their folds; there they shall be fruitful and multiply.”