An Old School Catholic Message Board

Starting a women's group - prayers and ideas requested

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

I am writing regarding a group for Grand Forks Area Catholic Women which we are hoping to start.  We would like to gather monthly (perhaps on the first Saturday) for rosary, Mass, light breakfast, music, a speaker, and small group time, beginning at 8 a.m.  

Ideas for the talks - or resources (preferably free/online) for developing them - would be appreciated.

Also, I would appreciate your prayers so we can get priests to offer Mass in our chapel on those days.

Thanks.

Hello, if you are hoping to attract a younger crowd, I would rethink the 8am start time. I recommend looking at Pinterest and Blessed is She for resources. 

I used to set up small groups in parishes. I liked the serendipity series for bible studies. It’s Protestant so you have to check stuff, but it’s very approachable. 

Who is your target audience besides women? Older, retired women? Younger working women? Moms? Depending on who your target audience is will inform what your talks should be about. If your target audience includes moms with littles, please consider childcare options. If it's going to be on a weekend, then childcare has to be considered, especially if one or both parents work. Also consider what time events will be held at for your target audience. Morning during the week is fine perhaps for older women but for younger women and/or moms with school age or younger children, that probably won't work. 

Also consider how much you're trying to pack in - it just seems like a lot to me, personally as a 40 year old mom with 4 kids. All the best.