Jump to content
little2add

Bad RTL student, not

Recommended Posts

little2add

 

Catholics raise $36,000 scholarship fund for Nick Sandmann

 

The controversy started after a video uploaded to YouTube appeared to show Sandmann and fellow students ‘smirking’ at Native American activist Nathan Phillips during a confrontation at the Washington March for Life. The footage provoked condemnation in the national media, as well as violent threats against the students and their families.

However, later footage showed that Phillips actually approached the students, contradicting reports the students had surrounded him. They had also been provoked by a group called the Black Israelites, who shouted obscenities about the Catholic Church.

Brian Burch, the president of CatholicVote, said Catholics understood that what happened to Sandmann could have happened to their own sons and daughters.

“The nasty attacks against Nick are a reminder of the darker side of left-wing mobs, fake news, and social media,” he said.

“The lionshare of the responsibility for this fiasco belongs to the media, yet many so-called Catholic leaders also share some blame. The rush to advance a particular narrative, before all the facts were known, is the result of a growing prejudice and hostility toward faithful Christians in America.”

https://catholicherald.co.uk/news/2019/02/01/catholics-raise-36000-scholarship-fund-for-nick-sandmann/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dominicansoul

I love Father Pavone! May God bless him for his prolife work!

I wonder if the new york authorities will kick out the Sisters of Life???

 

I'm sure most Catholics won't bat an eye if they did.... and these same Catholics  will be voting against trump and support some baby murderer in the next election... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
little2add

new twist to the story :think2:

Attorneys representing the Kentucky high school student involved in a confrontation that went viral on social media last month announced Tuesday that they were suing The Washington Post for $250 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
little2add

Washington Post finally admits mistakes in coverage of Covington Catholic incident

More than a month after the original incident, The Washington Post has issued an editor's note correcting it's erroneous reporting on the confrontation between Native American activist Nathan Phillips and the Covington Catholic High School students.

Early reports from the event portrayed the students as instigators who were mocking and harassing Phillips. The imagery of a white teenager wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat while smiling and staring down a Native American man fit perfectly with a narrative many in the media, including at The Post, were eager to jump on.

But, the more details that came out about the situation, the more it became clear that Phillips was not an innocent victim of harassment and ridicule from Trump-supporting students.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/washington-post-finally-issues-corrections-on-covington-catholic-story?utm_content=buffer012b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=theblaze&fbclid=IwAR2Jp6K1mJ_MRDcwV2BcMJG-MKVGI37HWbzu2o3nDErP5qoGDZo6-pfKLc8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×