An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trump And The Republican Party Are So Pro-Life

Great job Republican Senate

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/425931-senate-rejects-government-wide-ban-on-abortion-funding?fbclid=IwAR0TuiT-BiBp92GxDFgwlG5paaD15pS887bBd_YJ9hxtZHKQ1qGMTR29ELI

Planned Parenthood aborted 332,757 babies last year, got $563.8 million from taxpayers

"That's odd.  How could they have gotten all that money from taxpayers when The Most Prolife President and Party in the History of Ever were saving us from abortion?  Oh!  That's right! They re-funded PP 8 times since Trump was inaugurated."

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/planned-parenthoods-new-annual-report-abortions-profits-tax-funding-all-ros?utm_content=buffer61480&utm_medium=WCEA%2BBuffer&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=WCEA

Sad but true... did you here what happened in New York State today.   Disgraceful , especially because it was proposed by the democratic governor who claims to be a devout Catholic.  

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-york-legislature-votes-to-protect-roe-legalize-abortion-up-to-birth

Edited by little2add

New York legislature votes to legalize abortion up to birth, let non-doctors commit abortions

Abortion, Andrew Cuomo, Late-Term Abortion, New York, Reproductive Health Act, Roe V. Wade

PETITION: Say "NO" to celebrating abortion by lighting up One World Trade Center. Sign the petition here.

ALBANY, New York, January 22, 2019 (LifeSiteNews)

https://lifepetitions.com/petition/petition-no-to-lighting-world-trade-centre-to-celebrate-extreme-abortion-bill

The One World Trade Center is a symbol of peace, national solidarity and our opposition to violence against the innocent. The decision to use this building, built on the ground where innocents died on 9/11, to celebrate the killing of the innocent unborn amounts to a horrific irony.

Ash Wednesday

A lot of times I do feel like a lot of Republicans just use the Christians to get votes and pay a lot of lip service.

That said... 

Does the fact that Democrat Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo just signed in a bill that allows babies to be aborted up until birth not warrant a thread?  

The Republicans really aren't great. That said, Democrats not pretending to be pro-life doesn't warrant voting for most of them, because they generally support legislation like this. I fail to see how some crappy Republicans justify sinning against my conscience by ticking the blue box on my ballot for the guy or gal that's even worse and supports legislation that is so horrific and out in the open for everyone to see, I even heard non-religious people over here in secular England questioning it. (On the record I'm American born, dual US-UK citizen living in England for those that don't know my story.) No "seamless garment" argument is enough for me to support the idea that a baby could be aborted at 12:04 PM but is suddenly a viable human being if born at 12:05. I have no problem with criticism from Seamless Garment Catholics rolled out at Republicans but it seems these same critics are reluctant to speak out about the Democrats. Why? 

Literally we go through this stuff every year and I'm not sure what kind of response there is supposed to be.  Acknowledge Republicans don't always uphold what they claim to? Okay. Happy to do this. They do not do enough. Then what?  Are we supposed to vote Democrat instead because they don't pretend to care but we should overlook their horrific legislation anyway? Independent?

Don't mean to go off on a rant here but I'm pretty beside myself about not only that disgusting law being signed in, but them even lighting up One World Trade Center to celebrate it.

And probably worst of all are the church leaders in New York that wont have the spine to excommunicate him. Honestly perhaps they're the worst culprits in all of this, not just them but every quiet "Church of Nice" leader that has stood by for almost 50 years now and done nothing while Catholic politicians from both parties just let these things happen.

1 hour ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Does the fact that Democrat Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo just signed in a bill that allows babies to be aborted up until birth not warrant a thread?  

Yes, a thread is warranted - please start one yourself. 

Ash Wednesday
5 minutes ago, Jack4 said:

Yes, a thread is warranted - please start one yourself. 

That's a bit rude. I prefer to manage the phorum when I can find time rather than engage in discussion because I usually don't have time for both. But I will.

30 minutes ago, Ash Wednesday said:

That's a bit rude. I prefer to manage the phorum when I can find time rather than engage in discussion because I usually don't have time for both. But I will.

I'm truly sorry. I genuinely did not notice that you were a mediator of meh. 

I mean, I was seriously wondering - why would anyone complain about there not being a thread on something when they themselves can quickly, easily start a thread themselves? 

I made a hasty judgement. I'm sorry.

Edited by Jack4

Ash Wednesday
1 hour ago, Jack4 said:

I mean, I was seriously wondering - why would anyone complain about there not being a thread on something when they themselves can quickly, easily start a thread themselves? 

I made a hasty judgement. I'm sorry.

That's ok. I'm having a bit of a snappish week so I apologize for being too grumpy about it.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:45 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

probably worst of all are the church leaders in New York that wont have the spine to excommunicate him. Honestly perhaps they're the worst culprits in all of this, not just them but every quiet "Church of Nice" leader that has stood by for almost 50 years now and done nothing while Catholic politicians from both parties just let these things happen.

“This Legislation is Evil, Pure and Simple,” Says Chairman of U.S. Bishops’ Pro-Life Activities Committee; Calls All Catholics to Fight with Renewed Vigor for Unborn  

Archbishop Naumann’s full statement follows:February 2, 2019

“Abortion has always been built on a lie. Today, the lie is switching from 'abortion is a choice' to 'abortion is healthcare.' A law recently passed in New York not only legalizes abortion essentially for any reason through all nine months of pregnancy but removes any protection for children born alive after abortion. A similar bill was proposed in Virginia along with several other states, all in the name of women’s health. 

This legislation is evil, pure and simple. And it shocks the conscience to see such evil legislation greeted with raucous cheers and standing ovations. Most grieving to our Lord of Life is that those who advocate for abortion put their eternal souls in jeopardy.  

It is sickeningly dishonest to claim that women’s lives or health depend on intentionally killing their children. This is especially true for late-term abortion, which always involves the purposeful destruction of a child which could have been born alive, with much less risk to the mother, had they both received real healthcare.  

Now is the time for all Catholics—bishops, priests, and laity—to fight for the unborn with renewed vigor. We must educate family, friends, legislators, and fellow citizens about how it is never necessary to intentionally kill unborn children in order to save their mothers. Local action is especially important. Though ending Roe v. Wade is a central goal of the pro-life movement, if the decision were overturned, only eleven states would immediately ban abortion; the other thirty-nine states would still allow it.  

I urge Catholics, and thoughtful Americans of all religions or none at all to advocate for local change. Sign up for your State Catholic Conference or diocesan pro-life advocacy network, which can help you communicate to elected officials. Or seek out state and local pro-life groups, including parish respect life groups, that are making a difference at the state level.  

Though we live in very dark days, we know that the Lord has already triumphed over death. But we must use this time on earth to be His hands and feet. This means each of us rededicating ourselves to prayer, and fighting for the most vulnerable among us, especially unborn children and their mothers.”  

Edited by little2add