An Old School Catholic Message Board

2019 Entrances, Vows, Ordinations

Pax17

Sr. Ashwini makes first vows -- Cistercians in MA

https://www.msmabbey.org/news/sr-ashwini-makes-first-vows?fbclid=IwAR35XS2ALKEYi7pbFb5n6eOcb6DK1xQVNBX-kTBxlz4BKbQlWnfJFlNwhCk

On 4/16/2019 at 5:42 PM, Pax17 said:

Actually if you scroll down, there are three new postulants. http://1franciscanway.blogspot.com/

InCordeRegis
On 2/12/2019 at 12:29 PM, DameAgnes said:

6 new novices Institute of Christ the King. 

Anyone know about this order? They seem very unsmiling. 

I know some of the Sisters very well(I was close friends with a couple of them for years) and met Mother Caroline(the Superior) last year and they do sometimes appear to be a little more serious, although they are really very friendly, welcoming, and fun!!!!!! They are quite a beautiful order, although I can sometimes find their order to be a little more serious and intellectual then what I think could live with, but then you'll find some more serious, studious sisters as well as the smiley,outgoing sisters in most any community... :heart::):nunpray:

I know the order well since I go to a ICKSP church and have corresponded with the sisters when I was discerning a vocation there in the past. If you have more questions about the Sister Adorers feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer your questions.:)

Antigonos

I would substitute "dignified" for "serious" where the Sisters Adorers are concerned.  The order seems very traditional in outlook, and any community which restores old vestments and does the kind of embroidery these Sisters do has my wholehearted approval, as I'm nutty about such work -- nearly a lost art.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Order of Preachers in the US ordained 11 priests this year:

Province of St. Joseph (east): 6

Province of St. Albert (central): 2

Province of St. Martin (south): 1

Province of the Holy Names: 2

littlesister

The Franciscan Brothers of Peace in St. Paul, whose mission is pro-life and ministry to refugees and victims of torture,   just had their first Brother ordained.

It was a Great Day for the community and for the refugees from Myanmar that he has been working with.

littlesister

Archdiocese of Los Angeles had six ordinations yesterday : two Korean candidates,  two Hispanic, one from the Philippines, one American.  Good reflection of the diocese.  Ceremony on Youtube.  Another Great Day.

• 3 weeks later...

In early August, Sister Jane Aseltyne will make first vows with the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Michigan. She has completed 2 years of candidacy and 2 of novitiate. Her college debt has been alleviated through the National Fund for Catholic Religious Vocations.

https://www.nfcrv.org/jane-aseltyne

Edited by Nunsuch