An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tridentine sisters

susanbherald

These Franciscans have a missionary character, though they work with homeschooling families:  Missionary Sisters of St. Francis

Another group that serves priests and parish families:  Labor Mariae  Contact them:  filiaelaborismariae@gmail.com, or  Mater Divinae Gratiae Convent, 600 N. Liberty Street, Independence, MO 64050

These seem to come the closest to what you desire, at least that I'm aware of.  Tridentine communities are still quite in their infancy, and the cloistered orders tend to have more of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, JHFamily said:

These Franciscans have a missionary character, though they work with homeschooling families:  Missionary Sisters of St. Francis

Another group that serves priests and parish families:  Labor Mariae  Contact them:  filiaelaborismariae@gmail.com, or  Mater Divinae Gratiae Convent, 600 N. Liberty Street, Independence, MO 64050

These seem to come the closest to what you desire, at least that I'm aware of.  Tridentine communities are still quite in their infancy, and the cloistered orders tend to have more of them.

What do you know about the Missionary Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi?  I clicked on the link and their website has very limited info.  I did send them a message but wondered if you had any personal knowledge of them.  I’m asking because after years of searching for Franciscan missionary orders with the Latin Mass, I had only found the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate.  I’m just wondering how I missed this order unless it’s a new order in its infancy.  In any case, you have no idea how grateful I am that you posted that.  Your post was an answer to my prayers.  Hopefully this order is in good standing.  Thanks!!!

5 hours ago, Kateri89 said:

I had only found the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate. 

do you know if the franciscans of the immaculate are still taking vocations?

Without wanting to stir trouble, I believe the Franciscans of the Immaculate have a fair share of problems in recent history. Recent threads have covered these issues. 

11 hours ago, susanbherald said:

do you know if the franciscans of the immaculate are still taking vocations?

As deusluxmea stated, I also don’t want to stir trouble, but I can say that they are not currently accepting vocations for maybe another year or two.

18 hours ago, Kateri89 said:

What do you know about the Missionary Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi?  I clicked on the link and their website has very limited info.  I did send them a message but wondered if you had any personal knowledge of them.  I’m asking because after years of searching for Franciscan missionary orders with the Latin Mass, I had only found the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate.  I’m just wondering how I missed this order unless it’s a new order in its infancy.  In any case, you have no idea how grateful I am that you posted that.  Your post was an answer to my prayers.  Hopefully this order is in good standing.  Thanks!!!

I actually know little about them other than they are a young order (in years, not months) and in good standing. I do have a friend, however, whose daughter entered there before discerning a vocation to the cloister (and doing well there!).  I'll ask her for some info and come back and post what I learned.

3 hours ago, JHFamily said:

I actually know little about them other than they are a young order (in years, not months) and in good standing. I do have a friend, however, whose daughter entered there before discerning a vocation to the cloister (and doing well there!).  I'll ask her for some info and come back and post what I learned.

My friend told me that they were formed in 2015 and that there are currently two sisters.  They are adding space to their current building because of the number of inquiries that they have been getting, but Mother has also said that they are very selective in accepting candidates.  She also said their spiritual director is a very solid priest.  Though her daughter left the community to pursue the cloister, she has a very high opinion of the community.  They allow and encourage visitors in the discernment process.

3 hours ago, JHFamily said:

My friend told me that they were formed in 2015 and that there are currently two sisters.  They are adding space to their current building because of the number of inquiries that they have been getting, but Mother has also said that they are very selective in accepting candidates.  She also said their spiritual director is a very solid priest.  Though her daughter left the community to pursue the cloister, she has a very high opinion of the community.  They allow and encourage visitors in the discernment process.

That’s amesome, thanks!  I wonder what their age range is for accepting applicants.

A religious community needs to have at least three vowed members in order to be anything more than a private association of the faithful. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 2:14 PM, JHFamily said:

Hello again.  You wouldn’t happen to know how I can contact these Sisters would you?  I’ve tried through their website twice but it’s been a few weeks and I haven’t heard anything back.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, Kateri89 said:

You wouldn’t happen to know how I can contact these Sisters would you?  

I'm working on this for you.  My friend is going to ask Mother directly for some contact information the next time she sees her (possibly this weekend).

susanbherald
19 minutes ago, JHFamily said:

I'm working on this for you.  My friend is going to ask Mother directly for some contact information the next time she sees her (possibly this weekend).

I tried contacting them through their website a month or two ago they haven't responded.

truthfinder

Not sure what these sister's policy is, but remember we're in Lent now, and many religious orders' communications tend to grind to a halt during this season.