An Old School Catholic Message Board

Polish Abuse Report "Tragic"

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/polish-bishops-release-tragic-report-on-sexual-abuse-85692

Gadecki.jpg?w=760

Krakow, Poland, Mar 15, 2019 / 04:10 pm (CNA).- Nearly 400 Polish priests were accused of sexual abuse of minors from 1990 until 2018, a study commissioned by the Episcopal Conference of Poland revealed on Thursday.

The study covered data collected from the more than 10,000 parishes in Poland, and included religious orders.............MORE on above link

Oh my God! More! I dont even know what to say at this time.

Well God bless.  I have to think about this before i say anything more.

I just finished reading that link on that polish clergy abuse. There must be an answer to these things going on. This is in opposition to all I ever knew and thought about catholic priests. The degree of this is telling us something and I fear the answer will be even more disturbing. I knew these things happen in the world, but to see this happening in such sacred positions and places is soul wrenching. Has satin been set loose in the church? Or is it something else? Whatever it is, satin is laughing now. 

It is a good.thing and a very warm comfort to know that God cannot loose, you know that.

Hey. God bless you....talk to later.

Hi again Gary - I think you are spot on in that there is an answer to this crisis, but first we need to ensure we are asking the right questions.  I tend to think that the answer will involve a journey from pope down to the pews and also from the pews up to the pope.  It has been a terrible shock to us all and coming from those whom we had probably most held as holy, unimpeachable.

Yep!  Suddenly our priests at every level, both diocesan and religious, have been knocked off their pedestal in the eyes of many.  And indeed, I agree that Satan is launching an attack on The Church but not unleashed within The Church I don't think.  The Church are all the faithful in the state of Grace.  Those not in the state of Grace might be Catholic but their relationship with The Church they have chosen to break through mortal sin. They have turned their back on God and His Church and God respects our free will.   A good confession will repair their relationship fully.

Both in the Old Testament and in the New in Jesus we have been warned that scandal must come - and if we look at our long history, every so often there has been scandal.  Satan probably is laughing at this point, but what that fallen angel does not realise is that it might win a battle here and there, but it is a foregone conclusion that it has lost the war.  Victory will be Jesus is beyond any doubt or question.

"Woe to the world because of things that cause sin! Such things must come, but woe to the one through whom they come!"   Matthew Ch18 http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PVR.HTM

May The Good Lord bring comfort, consolation, to all victims of abuse in this crisis - and all those who are suffering because of it.  And may He bring the perpetrators to full repentance. - and may their crimes see the full light of day and human justice.

Edited by BarbaraTherese