An Old School Catholic Message Board

How best to deal with the church scandals?

Gary david

Hello. I think that how we deal with these scandals vary widly against our lifes experiences and personality's . Either way, dealing with them will be a painful walk to.say the least. I felt that considering the grave implications of whats happenend, that maybe it might be helpful to us to voice our feelings on this as and how best to cope with it. I feel it would be good because peoples feelings might get in the way of handling it best. This scandal is enough for many to possibly drift elsewhere . Many have already. In light of whats happened, amid the lies, secrecy and scandals, there lies the truth which has never changed and never will, and that would be Jesus. The cornerstone of His  church, our highest priest. The eucharist is alive and waiting for us.

So regardless of what is happening, let us not get so consumed by all of this so as lessen or even lose ones faith and end up taking our eyes off of Jesus. I for myself am concerned, but not blinded to not see waiting for.Him and to trust in Him and not on our feelings.

May God bless us all.......

• 2 weeks later...

I try to remember that Jesus left his perfect Church in the hands of imperfect humans. This scandal might shake our faith in the people in charge, but should never shake our faith in God.