An Old School Catholic Message Board

The good theif

Gary david

I often think of the good thief and what happened on that day. Im certain that this good theif never dreamed he would be hanging on a cross next to Jesus and I dont think he considered himself good either. He stood up for Jesus against the other theifs blasphemous words towards Jesus and said to the other, this man has done nothing wrong. He then asked Jesus to remember him in heaven. Truly today you will be with me in heaven Jesus told him.

He spoke on the behalf of Jesus rebuking a sinner who he himself was a sinner. The difference being was that he believed in Jesus. I also hear him confessing that he is a sinner and that he is deserving of this punishment. And just like that and on that day, he was forgiven and to this day remains with Jesus. We must remain close to Jesus and defend His name and admit our sins with an open heart. What better example could Jesus have given us.

God bless everyone.......

Luke 23:32-43, (NAS95) 32 Two others also, who were criminals, were being led away to be put to death with Him. 33 When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified Him and the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left. 34 But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves. 35 And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One." 36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, "If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!" 38 Now there was also an inscription above Him, "THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS." 39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, "Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!" 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 "And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." 42 And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

2b3637b0ac0e9eaa832bb35d4c514640.jpg

I've been thinking a lot about this. It seems to me that when we suffer and  will unite our pain to the cross of Christ, we are all the good thief.

AMEN to those words. I wont add or take anything from them. They cover it all.

Blessings to you......:)