An Old School Catholic Message Board

Couldnt kiss the popes ring!

Gary david

rotflI laughed too.  It looked quite weird.  But I can see the reasoning of Pope Francis - it still makes a funny image.  With our endless history of kissing the Pope's hand/ring and to see him pulling his hand away does make him look like a scaredy cat.

He said he didnt want to pass germs around. Thats what I heard anyways.

A scaredy cat!!!! Hah@aaaa thats to funny.as.well

17 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

What's the reasoning?

As I understand it, with everyone kissing the hand of Pope Francis, germs could be passed around.  It would have been better if it had been announced, than to see the Pope pulling his hand away.  Also, it was probably a real shock to go to kiss his hand and have him pull it away.

Oh yes. Can you imigine traveling a great distance to see the pope and kiss his ring.only to have him pull it away? And your right, something should have been said about germs, if thats what it was all about. But it did strike me as comical to watch.

God bless....

Ha. It was comical to watch for sure. Almost thought I was looking at "The Onion," or "Eye of the Tiber"! I just hope that we are not making a great big deal about it though.  People have quirks about them, we all do.

Oh your right about that. For myself I do find it comical but not in any disrespectful manner. And we sure do have our own quirks, thats for certain.

God bless...