An Old School Catholic Message Board

Solutions: The Whole Church not just Rome?

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

I found this (see quote box below) a balanced sort of commentary - I found it  on the Catholic Culture website.  I think that the more respectful commentary, discussion and debate we have on the issue, the better it will be in sorting out our own confusions, conclusions and concepts at a difficult and challenging time for us all.

This comment by Catholic Culture arrived in my Inbox "In Germany, one continues to wonder about whether Cardinal Marx is interested in genuine synodal unity or an excuse to free his country from Vatican norms" I am unable to find it anywhere on the internet in order to post the link.  The CC comment really jarred me and CC commentary has been jarring for me or worse lately.

Solutions need to be found with the whole Church, not just Rome

'What we need to imagine is not a new Church but a Church that situates itself in another way,' says Cardinal Reinhard Marx of Munich

https://international.la-croix.com/news/solutions-need-to-be-found-with-the-whole-church-not-just-rome/9766

Excerpt: “The influential prelate is president of the Commission of the Bishops’ Conferences of the EU, president of German Bishops’ Conference, coordinator of Vatican’s Council for the Economy, and a member of the Pope’s advisory Council of Cardinals.

I receive letters from people who suspect me of watering down doctrine. We need to be firmer and clearer, they say.  Obviously, that is not the case. Faith is not a burden, but a pathway. Nor is the objective to 'adapt to the spirit of the times,' as some people fear.  What the Second Vatican Council asked us to do is 'read the signs of the times' in the light of the Gospel, which is much more challenging."

Praise to you, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, source of all consolation and hope.

By your Son's dying and rising He remains our light in every darkness, our strength in every weakness.

Be the refuge and guardian of all who suffer from abuse and violence.

Comfort them and send healing for their wounds of body, soul and spirit.

Rescue them from bitterness and shame and refresh them with your love.

Heal the brokenness in all victims of abuse and revive the spirits of all who lament this sin.

Help us to follow Jesus in drawing good from evil, life from death.

Make us one with you in your love for justice as we deepen our respect for the dignity of every human life.

Giver of peace, make us one in celebrating your praise, both now and forever.

I pray too for those guilty of abusing children.  Amen.

(Based on https://www.catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=456 )

Edited by BarbaraTherese

4 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I found this (see quote box below) a balanced sort of commentary - I found it  on the Catholic Culture website.  I think that the more respectful commentary, discussion and debate we have on the issue, the better it will be in sorting out our own confusions, conclusions and concepts at a difficult and challenging time for us all.

This comment by Catholic Culture arrived in my Inbox "In Germany, one continues to wonder about whether Cardinal Marx is interested in genuine synodal unity or an excuse to free his country from Vatican norms" I am unable to find it anywhere on the internet in order to post the link.  The CC comment really jarred me and CC commentary has been jarring for me or worse lately.

Praise to you, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, source of all consolation and hope.

By your Son's dying and rising He remains our light in every darkness, our strength in every weakness.

Be the refuge and guardian of all who suffer from abuse and violence.

Comfort them and send healing for their wounds of body, soul and spirit.

Rescue them from bitterness and shame and refresh them with your love.

Heal the brokenness in all victims of abuse and revive the spirits of all who lament this sin.

Help us to follow Jesus in drawing good from evil, life from death.

Make us one with you in your love for justice as we deepen our respect for the dignity of every human life.

Giver of peace, make us one in celebrating your praise, both now and forever.

I pray too for those guilty of abusing children.  Amen.

(Based on https://www.catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=456 )

Amen.....