Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
the Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!” 

― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Vincent's Quote of the Day - St Vincent de Paul Society

Quote of the Day – April 1

After the storm comes the calm, and God who puts to death and raises to life, makes joy follow affliction and the effects of His power fulfill hopes based on His goodness (VI:140).

"You are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by all, shown to be a letter of Christ administered by us, written not in ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets that are hearts of flesh.

Such confidence we have through Christ toward God.  Not that of ourselves we are qualified to take credit for anything as coming from us; rather, our qualification comes from God, who has indeed qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of letter but of spirit; for the letter brings death, but the Spirit gives life"

St Paul

2 Corinthians Chapter 3 

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PZP.HTM

"We thank you, Lord God, for all the benefits you have given us In your Son Jesus Christ, our most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother, and for all the pains and insults he has borne for us; and we pray that, following the example of your saintly bishop Richard of Chichester, we may see Christ more clearly, love him more dearly, and follow him more nearly; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, now and for ever - Amen.

St Richard, Bishop of Chichester

Feast day: April 3rd

https://www.beliefnet.com/prayables/prayer-galleries/catholic-prayers-by-saints.aspx?p=6

No He doesent forget us us Barbara, i know this in my heart. He has created us in a most special way, in His image and out of His boundless love. God doesent get lost and confused like us but understands our flaws and weaknesses. I'm sure glad that He understands us because I sure dont. Thats why we lean on Him and not on ourselves.

Good post Barbara, very nice! God bless.....

30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Edited by Gary david
Typo

Well said ........... and beautiful quotation you have posted, a message of Hope and consolation.

May The Lord bless you and yours also, Gary.

St Isidore is widely accepted as the patron saint of the internet.  He was proposed in 1997 by St Pope John Paul II.

A Prayer before Logging onto the Internet

Almighty and eternal God,
who created us in Thy image and bade us to seek after all that is good,
true and beautiful,
especially in the divine person of Thy only-begotten Son,
our Lord Jesus Christ,
grant we beseech Thee that,
through the intercession of Saint Isidore,
bishop and doctor,
during our journeys through the internet we will direct our hands and eyes only to that which is pleasing to Thee
and treat with charity and patience all those souls whom we encounter.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlqGvrONNsc1nPxyngOO5

“For me prayer is a surge of the heart, it is a simple look towards Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.”
-St. Therese of Lisieux

“Charity is certainly greater than any rule. Moreover, all rules must lead to charity.”
-St. Vincent de Paul

Just me:  A rule can never be an end in itself - all rules must lead to Charity and end in Charity.

"If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar;

for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

This is the commandment (rule) we have from him:

whoever loves God must also love his brother"

(1 John Chapter 4)

Have no anxieties for the future.

Leave all things in God's Hands

He will take care of you.

St Jean Baptiste de la Salle

You should be no more discouraged with suffering some aversion than travelers are

with difficulties or sailors with storms.

Each strives calmly to weather them so as to arrive at the place he plans to reach

St Vincent de Paul

No matter how severe God's Guidance may seem at times - it is always the guidance of a Good Father, who is Infinitely Good, Kind and Wise.  He leads us to Himself by different roads.

St Julia Billiart

Short Biography

My comment:  I marvel that the saints are all saying basically the same thing differently.  This speaks to the truth of their words and a call (as it were) to hear what they have to say.

"Whoever has ears ought to hear" (Matthew Ch 15) 

It is Yours, Lord, to grant our petitions, to be present when we seek You, to open when we knock.  Impart to us then the meaning of the words of Scripture with the light to understand it, with reverence for the doctrine and confidence in its truth.

St Hilary of Poitiers - Doctor of The Church

Biography

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Thomas Merton

Contemplation

“Let no one hope to find in contemplation an escape from conflict, from anguish or from doubt. On the contrary, the deep, inexpressible certitude of the contemplative experience awakens a tragic anguish and opens many questions in the depths of the heart like wounds that cannot stop bleeding.

For every gain in deep certitude there is a corresponding growth of superficial "doubt." This doubt is by no means opposed to genuine faith, but it mercilessly examines and questions the spurious "faith" of everyday life, the human faith which is nothing but the passive acceptance of conventional opinion. This false "faith" which is what we often live by and which we even come to confuse with our "religion" is subjected to inexorable questioning…

Hence, is it clear that genuine contemplation is incompatible with complacency and with smug acceptance of prejudiced opinions. It is not mere passive acquiescence in the status quo, as some would like to believe – for this would reduce it to the level of spiritual anesthesia.”