An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quotations that Motivate & Inspire

BarbTherese

divine_mercy2.jpg

I perform works of mercy in every soul. The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy. My mercy is confirmed in every work of My hands. He who trusts in My mercy will not perish, for all his affairs are Mine, and his enemies will be shattered at the base of My footstool (Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, 723).

diaryentry.jpg

(Marians of The Immaculate Conception)

Full Text

Diary of St Faustina

free online

https://diaryofstfaustina.wordpress.com/

Gary david
7 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

June-25_Persevere.jpg

Thank you very much for the link, Gary.  I do prefer to wait until The Church gives approval to Medjugorje.    From the very little I do know of Medjugorje, approval may not be far away.  I was very much attracted to Faustina when her diary was suspect (picked up a small pamphlet on her& her diary in Church foyer) but did not follow through on my attraction until the diary was cleared and later her beatification and canonization. 

Your love of Our Lady shines and I think she rewards you with consolation when you present petitions to Medjugorje.  I do hope The Church will approve her appearances and messages - so many have great faith in them.  I hope too that somehow you will get to visit the site.  May Our Lady shower you with many consolations.  

I had a quick look at your link and there is a lot of information on the website.  I will be having a closer look and read.  From what I did see, there is a very strong call to prayer.

Thank you for sharing

Immaculate-Heart-of-Mary.jpg

Hi Barbara. I suppose that it would be the proper thing to do and wait for the church to officially approve medgjegorie, although they have approved the first 7 apparitions and do not stop Catholics from going there or venerating. They neither approve or dissaprove. And it is unusual for the church to have approved the first 7 apparitions while she continues to appear. I guess they wait until the apparitions are complete to give their approval. The church moves so slow Barbara. It's a good thing turtles are not fireman. But I suppose it's not that important whether or not the church approves or dssaproves. Nothing will stop God from opening the veil of heaven to help us.

Ok Barbara, another day has begun and I ask God's blessings upon you. Talk to you later.....

15 hours ago, Gary david said:

Hi Barbara. I suppose that it would be the proper thing to do and wait for the church to officially approve medgjegorie, although they have approved the first 7 apparitions and do not stop Catholics from going there or venerating. They neither approve or dissaprove. And it is unusual for the church to have approved the first 7 apparitions while she continues to appear. I guess they wait until the apparitions are complete to give their approval. The church moves so slow Barbara. It's a good thing turtles are not fireman. But I suppose it's not that important whether or not the church approves or dssaproves. Nothing will stop God from opening the veil of heaven to help us.

Ok Barbara, another day has begun and I ask God's blessings upon you. Talk to you later.....

Waiting for Church approval re Medjugorje is only for myself, Gary.  Since The Church neither approves nor disapproves, then it is a matter of one's free choice.  If The Church thought Medjugorje was harmful, then there would be a loud disapproval from The Church.

The Church does indeed move slow - the first quality St Paul states about Love is patience. 

It's a good thing turtles are not fireman.

rotfl

If The Church moved quickly, She may well make mistakes and imagine the outcry!

No, nothing will stop The Father!  The most mind boggling thing He has done to reveal Heaven to us to hold back the veil, indeed to open Heaven itself to us until the end of time, is to send His Son to suffer and die for us.  Nothing at all can be greater than that.  We have had many approved apparitions and messages from Heaven, and Medjugorje may well be another one and at this point insofar as I know, it is a matter of personal choice.  

There is a video on YouTube of Pope Francis and his opinion of Medjugorje.  I have not posted it for a reason and that is that a lot of people cannot differentiate between the opinion of Pope Francis personally and statements as Head of The Church.

Also the video is dated a few years ago and there might be much changed in an official sort of manner re Medjugorje.

(Gary, I do not mean that you cannot differentiate re Pope Francis's personal opinion and statements as Head of The Church)

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I have devotion to St Margaret Mary Alacoque and her visions of The Sacred Heart with His Message and devotion to Jesus under that title https://www.sacredheartalliance.org.au/the-revelations-to-st-margarete-mary-alacoque/ .  (Nine First Fridays devotion) 

Also to Our Lady of Fatima and her message and under that title http://www.cmri.org/fatima message.shtml . (Five First Saturdays devotion)  

My Dad also taught me devotion to Our Lady of Perpetual Help in all life's problems.  http://perpetualhelp.org.au/history-icon/

But that is pretty well it for me re particular private personal devotions, other than The Rosary, which I regard as Our Lady's personal prayer.

Gary david
1 hour ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Waiting for Church approval re Medjugorje is only for myself, Gary.  Since The Church neither approves nor disapproves, then it is a matter of one's free choice.  If The Church thought Medjugorje was harmful, then there would be a loud disapproval from The Church.

The Church does indeed move slow - the first quality St Paul states about Love is patience. 

rotfl

If The Church moved quickly, She may well make mistakes and imagine the outcry!

No, nothing will stop The Father!  The most mind boggling thing He has done to reveal Heaven to us to hold back the veil, indeed to open Heaven itself to us until the end of time, is to send His Son to suffer and die for us.  Nothing at all can be greater than that.  We have had many approved apparitions and messages from Heaven, and Medjugorje may well be another one and at this point insofar as I know, it is a matter of personal choice.  

There is a video on YouTube of Pope Francis and his opinion of Medjugorje.  I have not posted it for a reason and that is that a lot of people cannot differentiate between the opinion of Pope Francis personally and statements as Head of The Church.

Also the video is dated a few years ago and there might be much changed in an official sort of manner re Medjugorje.

(Gary, I do not mean that you cannot differentiate re Pope Francis's personal opinion and statements as Head of The Church)

I agree with you Barbara. I know the church cannot move swiftly on matters such as this, there is to much responsibility regarding all the souls it tends to. They must use much decernmen.

Well I think we can lay this matter to rest now. You and I are both aware of what we need to be aware of and that's what matters. But it was a good subject to discuss.

Alright Barbara, I think I should sleep now before I begin writing things I'm to tired to write about. 

So I will talk to you later ok. God bless Barbara.....

Gary david
35 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

https://famvin.org/reflections/daily-reflection-may-27-4/

“God always blesses humble beginnings more than those that make a big stir!”
– St. Vincent de Paul

– Forgive me, Father, for the times I’ve made a big show of things, forgetting that the good I do needs only to be seen by you.

0526-624x468.png

angel09-source_88x.gif

Hi! That's a very good quote Barbara. People don't seem to realize just how small they really are. Not that we are unimportant but they don't stop to think that God has created them and all else seen and unseen. One must get to the point of living humble to see this fact. We create nothing whatsoever but take credit for so much. God has given each of us a canvas and a pallet of paint and allowed to paint the reflection of our hearts desire. We are allowed to rearrange His creation but never create a single thing. And yes, knowing these things and living within the wings of God will produce happiness, contentment and peace and good will.

Nice post Barbara. God bless you.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnqSRwEkU0pOeVWNlGuOM

Ultimately, faith is the only key to the universe.
The final meaning of human existence, and the answers to the questions on which all our happiness depends cannot be found in any other way.
- Thomas Merton

It is clear that he does not pray, who, far from uplifting himself to God, requires that God shall lower Himself to him, and who resorts to prayer not to stir oneself up to will what God wills, but only to persuade God to will what one wills.

- Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)

0324-624x468.png

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them--every day begin the task anew.
-  François de Sales (1567-1622

God is no White Night who charges into the world to pluck us like distressed damsels from the jaws of dragons, or diseases. God chooses to become present to and through us. It is up to us to rescue one another.

- Nancy Mairs

“A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.” 
― St. Thérèse de Lisieux

“I know now that true charity consists in bearing all our neighbors'defects--not being surprised at their weakness, but edified at their smallest virtues.” 
― St. Therese of Lisieux

Gary david
15 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

God is no White Night who charges into the world to pluck us like distressed damsels from the jaws of dragons, or diseases. God chooses to become present to and through us. It is up to us to rescue one another.

- Nancy Mairs

“A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.” 
― St. Thérèse de Lisieux

“I know now that true charity consists in bearing all our neighbors'defects--not being surprised at their weakness, but edified at their smallest virtues.” 
― St. Therese of Lisieux

Hi Barbara how are you doing? I have been reading your posts on St. Therese and they are simply inspiring and simple as well. I really don't think that God wants us to find Him in a complicated way. He will be found in the most simple acts of love. I know you know the story of St. Therese Barbara but thought that I might show just a small part of her short life in this short story so that those that may not know can read it.

God bless Barbara......

At the age of 14, on Christmas Eve in 1886, Therese had a conversion that transformed her life. From then on, her powerful energy and sensitive spirit were turned toward love, instead of keeping herself happy. At 15, she entered the Carmelite convent in Lisieux to give her whole life to God. She took the religious name Sister Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face. Living a hidden, simple life of prayer, she was gifted with great intimacy with God. Through sickness and dark nights of doubt and fear, she remained faithful to God, rooted in His merciful love. After a long struggle with tuberculosis, she died on September 30, 1897, at the age of 24. Her last words were the story of her life: "My God, I love You!"

The world came to know Therese through her autobiography, "Story of a Soul". She described her life as a "little way of spiritual childhood." She lived each day with an unshakable confidence in God's love. "What matters in life," she wrote, "is not great deeds, but great love." Therese lived and taught a spirituality of attending to everyone and everything well and with love. She believed that just as a child becomes enamored with what is before her, we should also have a childlike focus and totally attentive love. Therese's spirituality is of doing the ordinary, with extraordinary love.

She loved flowers and saw herself as the "little flower of Jesus," who gave glory to God by just being her beautiful little self among all the other flowers in God's garden. Because of this beautiful analogy, the title "little flower" remained with St. Therese.

Her inspiration and powerful presence from heaven touched many people very quickly. She was canonized by Pope Pius XI on May 17, 1925. Had she lived, she would have been only 52 years old when she was declared a Saint.

"My mission - to make God loved - will begin after my death," she said. "I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. I will let fall a shower of roses." Roses have been described and experienced as Saint Therese's signature. Countless millions have been touched by her intercession and imitate her "little way." She has been acclaimed "the greatest saint of modern times." In 1997, Pope John Paul II declared St. Therese a Doctor of the Church - the only Doctor of his pontificate - in tribute to the powerful way her spirituality has influenced people all over the world.

photorosesbnws.jpg.3efb1130ef0101727123031e51e87451.jpg

Edited by Gary david