An Old School Catholic Message Board

1st May - St Joseph The Worker

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

Today in Australia, we celebrate the Feast of St Joseph The Worker https://www.sosj.org.au/st-joseph-worker-2018/144795/ 

Prayer to St Joseph

Joseph, Model of workers, Protector of Jesus and Mary help us to come to an understanding of the power of your Son to intercede for all those who seek your help.
Your silence is a strong challenge to values current in our society.
Help us to value that interior life which lead you to a total commitment to Jesus and Mary.
We ask this prayer through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

st-joseph-patron-of-the-church.jpg?w=487

St Joseph is also - importantly -  Patron of The Universal Church.  This feast is usually celebrated on the 19th March.  Although at this time in our history in a special way, we could ask St Joseph to be at work within The Church.........which I am sure he is anyway.

https://catholicexchange.com/why-st-joseph-patron-of-the-church-and-spiritual-father

It is not difficult to see that The Church is under attack from both within and without.  This reminds me of what Jesus said: ""Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste, and no town or house divided against itself will stand." (Matthew Chapter 12)  These attacks from within or without are attacks on Jesus.  However, Jesus has promised us that the Gates of Hell shall not prevail.

The Church will stand until the end of time despite attack from within and without, but I doubt fully The Church will eventually continue in the form we commonly think of it.  I think too that that evolution/change has already begun.